Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mitchjoy Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 11, 2010, 11:17 AM
    While painting a table top, I applied 2 coats of paint, then I noticed some dark stah
    While painting a table top, I applied 2 coats of paint, then I noticed some dark stain spots showing through my paint... can I put a coat of kilz on it now and then put a third coat of my paint on it?
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 12, 2010, 12:32 AM
    Hi, mitchjoy!

You could try that. But, what kind of paint did you use, please? Need to know if it's latex or oil. Also, what did you use to apply the paint, please? If the paint is too thick, it might be best to start over.

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Onyx Table Top Refinishing [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I have a Coffee table with a table top made from Turkish Onyx along with the end tables with Turkish and Italian onyx (replaced the onyx with Turkish onyx). The shine on the tabletops is going and no kind of buffing will bring back the shine. Is there anything that I can use or something...

Two coats of paint for ceilings [ 8 Answers ]

If you charge 100.00 to paint a ceiling for one coat, how much should you charge for the second coat?

Painting a Leather Top Table [ 2 Answers ]

I have an old leather top table that has been really abused with burn marks and coffee mug rings and don't wish to restore the leather top. Instead I would like to paint it all white and use in a child's room. What should I do in order for the paint... should I sand the leather off? Can I just...

Why are two stucco coats applied? [ 1 Answers ]

I am building a cinder block wall and will be stuccoing the exterior part of the cinder blocks. On houses, a vapor barrier is put up, then chicken wire, then a base stucco coat. After it has cured, a finish (colored) stucco coat is applied. Is there any reason why I can't directly apply the...

New table top [ 1 Answers ]

How do I remove white rings from my table?

View more questions Search