Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    caninoce Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2007, 06:35 AM
    Convert a lamp to work on a "hot" switch via pull chain
    My builder wired a light in an arch way with a "hot" outlet. We put our pool table underneath the archway and now need to add a pool table lamp fixture. All the ones I can find require a light switch. Because the archway if solid wood there was no way to wire it to a switch so the builder told us that we needed to get a lamp that worked on a "hot" switch aka that had a pull chain.

I can't find any such lamp and was wondering if a regular lamp could be converted to work on this "hot"switch by adding a pull chain to it. And would that lamp conversion have to be done by an electrician/

Thanks for any help you can provide...
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2007, 09:13 AM
    Do a Goggle search for X-10 devices, I believe this is the best and easiest mehtod to help you control the light. Let me know if you need more help once you see what X-10 is all about.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling fan will not work after replacing 3 speed pull chain switch [ 129 Answers ]

I just recently replaced a 4-wire (3-speed) Ceiling fan switch on my ceiling fan. The chain had broken off inside the switch. After installing the new switch, the fan wouldn't turn At all. I have tried the swithes at all speeds And even went out and purchased another switch thinking the first...

Pull chain switch [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: I was told that I could convert any light fixture to a pull chain light by drilling a hole in the light canopy and connecting a pull chain switch. I did that and got the light to work but it will not turn off with the chain, I have no wall switch. Is this all wrong or have I connected...

Pull Chain switch [ 1 Answers ]

I am wanting to add a pull chain mechanism to a new, hard wired type light fixture. I have purchased a ceiling fan light kit pull chain mechanism. The pull chain mech has red, blue and black wires:eek:. . The fixture has white, black and ground. . How do I wire this up?

Replacing a pull chain switch [ 1 Answers ]

Help! My new pull chain switch has (only) two black wires; how do I connect it to the ceiling wires (one black, one white, plus the ground wire)? Thank you! Willow

1994 Civic - Check Engine "Orange" lamp and Engine revs when idling [ 1 Answers ]

Two questions realting to my Honda Civic ESI - 1994 model. 1) When I turn on the ignition key there is a Check Engine lamp displayed in Orange which is remaining On for progressively longer. Car not be started until this light disappears. Eventually after 3-5 seconds light turns off and engine...

View more questions Search