Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nessa666 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 08:37 AM
    What's this book called?
    I read this book in English class back in high school... it was about a girl, who was the only survivor of I think a war? Her farm & animals were fine but all around them was radioactive?. eventually a man in a protective suit come & she looks after him for a while... he eventually goes mad & steals some things & goes off again... I don't remember the rest... I'd love to read it again!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2010, 08:45 AM

I doubt Steven King is a book you would be "forced" to read in high school but this sounds like one of his -
    PinkKitteh Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 10:16 AM
    The book is called "Z for Zachariah". I remember it well, though I read it as a scholastic book club buy.
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2010, 10:19 AM

Who wrote it - if you know.
    PinkKitteh Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Oct 7, 2010, 11:12 AM
    Robert C. O'Brien.
    Uber Member

Oct 7, 2010, 11:21 AM

I'm an avid reader. Going to see if I can find it. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is this book called? [ 1 Answers ]

It is about an 18 year old girl who found out she has cancer (bone or lung). Her and her boyfriend Sam have a baby and she moves out of the house to raise her child with Sam. Sam plays the guitar and the girl's leg bothers her in a few chapters. In one chapter, a doctor comes to the house to talk...

What is the book called? [ 1 Answers ]

I read two books as a teenager in the 80's. They were set in England, a girl moves into her brother's house (think he is the county local police officer). Think her name may be Jennifer. She is in a field relaxing either reading or drawing and a young man comes across her. He is a rockstar and is...

Does anyone know what this book is called? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm sorry I don't know more about it, but I read this book in fifth grade about this girl who meets this ghost girl named louise, I think it is, and the girl is the only who can see her I'm pretty sure and they go play in the girl's fort in the backyard and if I remember correctly, they don't like...

A book called the Invitation [ 1 Answers ]

I think everyone must read a book called the Invitation. This is one of the books that will make you see everyday and everyone as an opportunity. If you haven't read this book please do. Thank u in advanced. From yours truelly A programmer, a poet and also a book worm. Hola 7

View more questions Search