Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    duhitsnanette Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 26, 2007, 02:22 PM
    Painful tongue ring
    I got a tongue ring on 4/21 and they told me that pain will be most painful between 3 and 4 days. Ive had mine for 5 days already, and it is still painful. I feel like its pinching on something, and it hurst real bad. My tongue is still numb. Is this normal? Or should I take it out? Its like a throbbing, pinching, pain on the right side of my tongue, the left side feels normal.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 26, 2007, 03:24 PM
    I hate to tell you this but in the paper the other day there was an article written by a woman who had a tongue ring and her entire mouth became infected over a period. It cost her $4000 to have surgery on her pallet, tongue and periodontal work on her gums. They figured it was the rubber washer the fella installed under her tongue to cushion the effect of the dumbbell she had installed. You can imagine that definitely would not have been the cleanest way to treat that matter.

I would suggest you take the appliance out of your mouth and count your blessings my dear. Sounds like that one side of your tongue is infected. See a doctor.
    padddy Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Apr 26, 2007, 03:50 PM
    I have a friend who also had a similar pain but on the left side of his tongue n he thought that it was normal but I took him to his dentist who told him that the piercing was incorrect and this had caused infection and it was lucky he took it out in time. I have nothing bad to say about piercings cos I have a few myself but if I was you I would seriously get it checked out by doctor or dentist and if you wish to have one still go to a different place and repierce it correctly (also you should remember to use a mouth was to disinfect before and after the piercing is done and after every meal for 1 to 2 weeks ) hope this has helped x :)
    brandy681 Posts: 295, Reputation: 26

May 6, 2007, 03:31 AM
    This is not normal. Where did you have your tongue pierced?. Go back to the place that you had it done and tell them your problem and tell them to look at it. You may need to go to the doctor and get antibiotics for an infection, follow the aftercare properly and you still need to be eating lightly and only very very blended mushy foods or liquidy. If you don't do this you will get badly infected You may need to take out the piercing as well, get advice though. If it is that painful I would definitely take it out.. A tongue piercing should only have minor discomfort for about 2 days and then you should not feel discomfort anymore. Did you have it pierced at a reputable tattoo parlor? Never let someone unprofessional pierce you and make sure you watch them sterilize the needle that they use. Hope this helps!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tongue Piercing [ 35 Answers ]

I just thoguth aobut tongue piercing and began imagining how mad it would be. Having a piece of metal in your mouth. I want to get one of these when I'm older, because its pretty easy to hide, and doesn't make you seem like a punk or anything (unlike eyebrow studs or anything. Can people tell me...

Solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight? [ 11 Answers ]

Which dioamond ring should I buy a solitaire diamond ring or a diamond ring of small diamonds of same carat weight?

Tongue Twister [ 4 Answers ]

If a bra is an upper topper titty flopper stopper, And a jock strap is a lower decker pecker checker, And a roll of toilet tissue is a super duper doody pooper scooper, What do you call a Japanese drummer boy whose father has diarrhea?

What's the difference between a comitment ring and an engagement ring? [ 13 Answers ]

Can someone please help me here I was wondering what's the difference between a commitment ring and an engagement ring?

Spot on tongue [ 1 Answers ]

My son is 6 months old and has had a spot on the top part of his tongue for about a week now. It was pretty small but is now about half the size of a dime. He has new teeth coming in on the top but the spot seems too far back and too far to the right for him to have made it from him biting himself....

View more questions Search