Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    krissyg2991 Posts: 142, Reputation: 11

Mar 26, 2012, 02:45 PM
    What do you think of my new tattoo?
    Ok, so I got a new tattoo Friday night and my heart is breaking because, despite the fact that the stencil looked great, the artist messed up and it looks like Michael J Fox did my tattoo, as one person put it. I went to a reputable artist with an impressive portfolio-I just don't get it! But regardless, letter spacing and word spacing, combined with crooked words makes it look sloppy. Am I over analyzing or is it really that bad? Any suggestions on how to fix it or at least make it look less obvious?

Mar 26, 2012, 02:47 PM
    http://instagr.am/p/IkHYdBGNAE/

http://instagr.am/p/IkGaTbGNPw/

Here are links to some pics of my tattoo. Please help! I hate being the one with the bad tattoo!

odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 03:20 PM
    I may be missing something here because I'm only looking at pictures but it doesn't look bad to me. It looks hand-written. I think it looks fine. Maybe seeing it in real life would make it look different to me.

Anyway, if you're concerned about it, maybe go somewhere else and have them fix it. I would think if they possibly added some color to the back ground, it might clean it up a little.

Mar 26, 2012, 03:28 PM
    Idk, I think when you're looking on it head on it looks OK because your brain clumps the words together but when I look at it in mirror it looks jacked up! As long as it looks OK outwardly I guess I don't mind. I'm just a perfectionist and it irks me. And I did say I wanted it to look handwritten rather than scripty. Yeah, I'm thinking about adding some filigree or something behind it that might distract from the inconsistencies

Mar 26, 2012, 03:30 PM
    Idk, I think when you're looking on it head on it looks OK because your brain clumps the words together but when I look at it in mirror it looks jacked up! As long as it looks OK outwardly I guess I don't mind. I'm just a perfectionist and it irks me. And I did say I wanted it to look handwritten rather than scripty. Yeah, I'm thinking about adding some filigree or something behind it that might distract from the inconsistencies
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Mar 26, 2012, 04:11 PM
    You know, I can feel where you're coming from. I have a dragon on my arm that cost nearly $700 by the time it was done. I am completely disgusted with it and the guy that did it. I saw his work, he did good work on everyone else. He drew this out for me on paper, how it would look... it was great. The first sitting I wasn't happy with how it was coming out. He told me not to worry, as we get done, it will look like it should. He finished it and I think it looks like a cartoony mess. Hard to tell what it is and the background is horrible. I'm still trying to come up with a way to get it fixed.

But back to you... I do think that if you add some color, it probably will break it up a little and blend the overall look. Good luck!

Mar 26, 2012, 04:21 PM
    Geez! $700! See I have a big piece in mind and I'm making DAMN sure I have a good artist for it! I just am so upset because I did everything right an still am not completely satisfied-but I tend to be a perfectionist so...

Thanks! Good luck to you too

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I want a tattoo and know exactly what I want [ 4 Answers ]

I want a small infinity symbol on my left foot above my heel if but not a lighting bolt an infinity symbol ) but here is the dilemma terrified of needles and will freak out and or cry and or hyperventilate it is a no joke phobia but getting this tattoo will help me say to myself and others that I...

My tattoo [ 5 Answers ]

I want to get the words "beautiful girl" tatooed but I want it translated into sanskrit... anyone know?:confused:

Don't know if I want a tattoo [ 6 Answers ]

To begin, sorry if this is in the wrong spot. I think I would like to get a tattoo, my girlfriend has said she also thought about getting one. However, whenever I decide to get one, I always end up talking myself out of it for several reasons: 1. I know my parents will flip out big time. ...

View more questions Search