Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rosemans_girrl47 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 19, 2006, 09:08 AM
    Repiercing my belly button?
    Okay so here is what happened, my parents said no to me getting my belly button pierced so I did it myself (I know stupid thing to do). It didn't get infected or anything but I took it out about 3-4 days ago. It was only in for about 6 days. Now my parents are saying that if I find a clean enough place that I can get it done (AHHHH.. ) My mom found a place that seems clean enough for me to get it done at. She wants to take me next week on Saturday to get it done (OMG). It will have been out for 2 weeks next week. I give it salt water soaks about three times a day and it is closing very fast! It is almost completely closed now it itches really bad though! It has a little bump inside of it that is going down everyday because I massage it when I clean it like someone told me to. Is next week to soon to get it done even if it is completely closed up? I really need to know so that I can make sure that when my mom does take me to get it done my belly button will be ready. Someone told me that I should wait 2-3 weeks before I get it done! PLEASE HELP!! :eek:

Also would using bactine or alcohol help it dry up faster?
    young06 Posts: 11, Reputation: 0

Oct 19, 2006, 03:18 PM
    You shouldl go to the place that your mom is going to take you to and they will tell you if you can get it done or not.
    ashleysb Posts: 179, Reputation: 39

Oct 20, 2006, 03:30 AM
    I would say to wait a while and really make sure you want it. I got mine peirced when I was 17. I got it done at a very clean, well kept place that lots of people had recommended. It healed great and was perfect for a whole year. Then it started hurting like it did after a first got it done. I wasn't too worried and started cleaning it again with the salt solution the place had provided. It just kept getting worse and worse. The whole area was red and puffy. So finally I went back to where I got it done. They told me my body had "rejected it" and it was pushing it out of my body. So they told me to take it out.
    By that time there was only a small piece of skin actually holding the bar of the jewelry in my body. Its been 2 years, but my belly button is not very pretty anymore...

Oct 20, 2006, 06:16 AM
    Wow how long did you wait before you got it redone? I know that there is some scar tissue from when I first did it but I heard that would make the piercing stronger so that's why I do want to get it redone! But I would not want that to happen. I did it wrrong it's not far back enough so the piercer would have to go behind that scar tissue. I don't really care about pain so I wouldn't mind if it hurt! The bump that I have inside my belly button is going down and the hole is almost completely closed up.;)

Oct 20, 2006, 06:19 AM
    I never got mine redone... I was too scared it would happen again. That happened the first time I got it pierced.

Oct 20, 2006, 06:21 AM
    Ohh ouch, well I guess I'm a chance taker cause I still really want it done. But did it hurt the first time?

Oct 20, 2006, 06:21 AM
    Oh one more thing, the people at the place I got mine done at, said NEVER to use alcohol on it... I don't know if this concerns you because yours is out now... but I wouldn't take the chance if I were you!

Oct 20, 2006, 06:23 AM
    It was uncomfortable, but you already did it yourself and I think that would hurt more than having it done my a pro! Like I said, definitely uncomfortable, but definitely not the worst pain I have ever felt!
    velvetjones Posts: 78, Reputation: 11

Oct 24, 2006, 04:26 PM
    I had mine done by a piercer the first time (no pain at all), it got infected a lot and took a long time to heal. I then had to remove it for an operation after it healed. It closed up and I was too cheap to pay for it again, so I re-pierced it myself, hurt like a mofo (scar tissue?), but never got infected. I used only perfume-free anti-bacterial soap to wash the area. THEN I had to take it out a few years later for another operation, but luckily, it didn't close up. :)
    Lyndsy Posts: 8, Reputation: 0

Oct 30, 2006, 07:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by rosemans_girrl47
    Okay so here is what happened, my parents said no to me getting my belly button pierced so I did it myself (I know stupid thing to do). It didn't get infected or anything but I took it out about 3-4 days ago. It was only in for about 6 days. Now my parents are saying that if I find a clean enough place that I can get it done (AHHHH..) My mom found a place that seems clean enough for me to get it done at. She wants to take me next week on saturday to get it done (OMG). It will have been out for 2 weeks next week. I give it salt water soaks about three times a day and it is closing very fast!! It is almost completely closed now it itches really bad though! It has a little bump inside of it that is going down everyday because I massage it when I clean it like someone told me to. Is next week to soon to get it done even if it is completely closed up? I really need to know so that I can make sure that when my mom does take me to get it done my belly button will be ready. Someone told me that I should wait 2-3 weeks before I get it done! PLEASE HELP!!!!:eek:

Also would using bactine or alcohol help it dry up faster?
    I would personally wait at least a month to make sure your old piercing has completely healed and you have given your body enough time to go back to normal. Also when you get it done take super good care of it because I have the same problem velvetjones had. Mine is taking a long time to heal and it gets infected a lot which makes it harder to care for.
    MJ6216 Posts: 115, Reputation: 7

Nov 10, 2006, 08:32 AM
    Its Just Scar Tissue... you Can Pierce Through That But It Will Hurt A Little More Than Usual... theoriginal Piercing That You Had You Only Had For A Couple Of Days.. You'll Be Ok!!
    MJ6216 Posts: 115, Reputation: 7

Nov 10, 2006, 08:34 AM
    Its Scar Tissue... most Piercings Get Them When You Take Them Out... its Totally Common... and You Can Pierce Through That Its Just Going To Hurt A Little More Than Usual. But The Original Piercing That You Had You Only Had For A Couple Of Days So You'll Be Fine!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing the belly button [ 20 Answers ]

HEY ALL Well i am new here and i wanted to know can i peirce my belly button myself?? If so how?? And is it kinda like peircing the ears Thank you very much

Lots of questions about the belly button [ 10 Answers ]

Hey I know I've asked a lot but I'm scared of my belly button getting infected so is it OK if I covered my peirced belly button with a bandaid for like the whole healing prosses? And how long till it heals? And how do I know it healed? And some times I get stomach ache and I get sick is it because...

Belly button piercing and scars [ 8 Answers ]

OK I was wondering if id be able to get my belly button repierced under these conditions. OK first of all, I had it pierced before but it came out and closed. Now I have a dime sized lump of scar tissue wheere it was pierced. I also revently had gallbladder surgery and I have I tiney incision scar...

Belly Button Piercings [ 4 Answers ]

I got my belly button pierced on Friday. It has been really red and oozing a lot of puss, which I am told is normal. But today, it seems to be leaking a clear sitcky liquid, It looks like balls on the barbell are sinking into my stomach and actually creating a bigger hole. Should I take it out or...

Ear repiercing [ 6 Answers ]

I had my ears pierced 4 years ago and I don't like the placement of the hole on my right lobe. I would like to let it close up and then get it repierced with the placement of the new hole being slightly above the old hole. I was wondering if I get the new hole so close to the old hole, will the...

View more questions Search