Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Nightcrawler90 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 10:21 PM
    Well same Q Again Lip Piercing
    I still want too get my lip pierced and a brother of my sisters husband said that he would do it for free and they took me today but I told them that I didn't want to do it until I researched more so they said all right.
    So I was just wondering why it isn't recommended to get my lip pierced.
    Like I just want to know what would happen if I did just did it without researching first? :confused:
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 03:03 PM
    Researching it doesn't change the outcome. Either it will go well or it won't, but odds are that it will. If the person doing it is a trained professional, it shouldn't be an issue.

People who object to piercings will preach of the possibilities of nerve damage, facial paralysis, the "trashy" look, tooth damage, etc. The truth is that if you like it, then go ahead. I had the center of my lower lip done 4 years ago without any issues; I eventually got over it and took it out.
    dino_chan Posts: 23, Reputation: 2

Aug 18, 2008, 04:23 AM
    Just be careful of placement, because you don't want the jewelry to wear away your enamel. Also, like any piercing you have to take good care of it, and make sure you have the money to get all you need to clean it, because you're going to be cleaning it any time you put something near or in your mouth.

Go for the piercing! You only live once, or so they said.
    verytute Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2008, 02:37 PM
    You should be fine I got my labret pierced a couple of yrs ago and it did just fine just make sure too rinse your mouth out every time you eat or drink with mouth wash and too watch out when you get dressed pulling clothing over your head I was good at getting them caught on the piercing and it didn't feel too good but besides that its just like any other piercing you can get just fallow what the piercer tells you and you should be OK any problems get a hold of who pierced it for you and let them know what is going on and they should be able too let you know what too do
    ReDel Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 21, 2011, 11:10 PM
    There are two important things to consider when it comes to piercings and the mouth. Or maby 3. First, are you prone to get infections? Even if not you should use a mouthwash like Listerine which can be used as often as you want. (There are stronger one out there, but those are only for treatment of infections, and may discolor your teeth if used more than one week.) Ask your dentist which mouthwash he/she personally recommends. (You have more bakterias in your mouth than in your rectum... )

Then; will the piercing hit/interfere with teeths? If so, try to find a location that doesn't. The long term hazards for your teeths can be horrible. And that said; by all means "USE TITATIUM JEWELERY"! Yes, I'm shouting this. Someone might say surgical steel is good enaugh, but do you want to gamble with your teeths? Titanium is a material the boody is known to accept very well. When used in surgeries, bones will grow/embrace titanium. It's quite a stable metal!

Again, to be on the safe side; ask a dentist which is well known for titanium tooth implants; and has a very good reputation as a dentist. He/she will definatyly be able to tell you quite a few things about mouth piercings.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Piercing [ 25 Answers ]

Lately Ive been wanting a lip ring My parents are very strict about facial piercings but I wanted to know if it's a good idea or a bad one for a 13 year old with a lip ring

Self-piercing [ 18 Answers ]

Within the last year I have pierced a second hole in each of my ears 3 separate times, each time purposefully letting them heal. I have also pierced my belly button twice and let it heal as well. I make sure to sterilize everything, and I've never had any problems with infections or anything like...

Lip piercing? [ 4 Answers ]

Hey i want to get a new piercing and i have this damn urge to have it on my lip :) yeah i was wondering what people have done and whether they think it looks good. Im not sure whether to have it on the side or which side for that matter. Or whether i should have a labret piercing? Im a girl btw and...

Gun for piercing [ 3 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced a year ago, with a gun, and it gets infected very often. I found information on the web about that it is dangerous to get your cartilage pierced with a gun. What do I do? Take it off? Go to the doctor?:confused:

Piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I want to get a Nabel Piercing except by myself. But here's the thing: No matter how much I push, the needle whont go through my skin! What's wrong? And is it OK 2 use a earring?

View more questions Search