Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shannon1234 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 02:18 PM
    Navel Piercing
    I am thirteen and I really want my belly button pierced! My mom just wants me to give her proof that there are no major risks are scary side effects! So are there? I heard that it doesn't hurt lot! That it just feels like a pinch! Is there any serious side effects by getting your navel piecred?:)
    shortchick6404 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2008, 02:29 PM
    I got mine done last year and it did get infected. And it did hurt some people don't get it infected but mine did I think it's a waste because your not going to have it forever.
    nauticalstar420 Posts: 3,699, Reputation: 423
    Ultra Member

Feb 12, 2008, 07:18 PM
    Side effects include infection, irritation, scarring, rejection (especially with the navel piercing), and if you go to a dirty shop, you are at risk for Hepatitis.

If taken care of properly, you can avoid these things, but you have to make sure that you are ready for the responsibility.

As far as the pain, it all depends on your pain tolerance. If its high, it might not hurt. If its low, it may be a little uncomfortable.
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Feb 29, 2008, 04:37 PM
    :: Moved to Body Art ::

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you pierce your navel if the hole from a previous navel piercing won't grow up? [ 2 Answers ]

all right well, I got my navel pierced in the 8th grade, and it got ripped out during a cheerleading game. The hole completely grew up and I got it re-pierced. During the beginning of my 9th grade year I snagged my belly ring on a shirt and it ripped... badly, but it didn't rip out.. the skin was...

Navel piercing [ 2 Answers ]

I got my navel pierced last summer with a barbell. It got infected and I had to take it out. I want to get it repierced and I heard that its more resistant to infection if you get it pierced with a ring instead of a barbell. Is this true? I just don't want to get it pierced all over again if it...

Navel piercing [ 2 Answers ]

Can sea salt water help my navel piercing to heal? What do I clean it with? How long do I have to wait to switch the jewlery? How long does it take to heal?

Re-piercing Navel [ 1 Answers ]

HI all, From what I have read lots of people had similar questions, but each case appears somewhat unique. So I thought I would pose my case and my question. I pierced my belly button 3 times already. But before that I had laparoscopy for a kidney infection and they instrumented through an...

View more questions Search