Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    afghanhound101 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 3, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Tea bags can cure sick building syndrome
    Has anyone heard of or read this report:
    "Tea bags can cure sick building syndrome. People who move intoa new house can suffer nausea and sore throats due to the chemicals from fresh paint and glue. One of the chielf culprits is formaldehyde. Now the Tokyo Metropolitan Consumer Center has found that tea bags scattered around the house soak up the formaldehyde, aided by tannin in the tea. They found that the concentration of formaldehyde in the air fell between 60 and 90 percent. Dry black or green tea is said to work best."

Natural Health Newsletter
    July 22, 2000

Has the been scientifically tested? Also, is it recommended to use wet tea bags or dry ones?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 3, 2008, 05:11 PM
    It sounds reasonable but like you would need a ton of tea.
    Not sure exactly how it would work because I would think wet tea bags would stain and dry ones wouldn't be as effective.
    the1unv Posts: 285, Reputation: 31

Apr 9, 2008, 08:24 PM
    HHMMMM... I wonder if LIPTON funded that research study... never heard of it...
    Mike
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 15, 2008, 04:38 PM
    If you are interested here is some literature, no mention of tea bags though. Sick Building Syndrome | Publications | Indoor Air | Air | US EPA I suspect like most home remedies there is a sliver of truth or fact but I have not seen anyone try to market tea bags as an air cleaner, you would think they would if it actually helped.
    afghanhound101 Posts: 30, Reputation: 1

Apr 16, 2008, 11:44 AM
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the cure for eczema? [ 14 Answers ]

What's the natural way of curing eczema? I went to the dermatologists and she prescribed me topical steroid, I saw some improvements in the first 4 weeks thereafter non.What is the most effective way of curing eczema? Please help.

Epilepsy? There is a cure. [ 12 Answers ]

Thirty years ago I came across a solution for epilepsy and I tried it first on a friend who had grand mal fits every day. I thin advertised... her fits stopped, but when she told her doctor he said he would strike her off his books if she continued "this foolishness". She stopped my...

The Cure. [ 3 Answers ]

I believe this is where this type of question should be posted... I was curious if someone had any idea on how to convert a live DVD concert to the correct audio format... so I could play it on my iPod (nano) -- . I heard/read it somewhere that it's possible... My search on trying to find out how...

Getting off the cure [ 2 Answers ]

Having successfully quit smoking using Chantrix, I am wondering if I will experience cravings for cigarettes when I try to stop the medication. Although Chantrix has helped a lot, the withdrawal symptoms still wear you down and I am not sure if I will have the strengh to withstand another couple of...

View more questions Search