Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrzJohnson26 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Oct 22, 2011, 08:25 PM
    Is light pink bleeding 7 weeks after giving birth a sign that I'm pregnant?
    I had my daughter seven weeks ago but just stopped bleeding two weeks ago and I'm having light pink bleeding, am I pregnant again
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Oct 23, 2011, 04:37 PM
    It is possible that your periods are about to resume. It could be left from having recently given birth. It could be from possible pregnancy.

Are you using any form of birth control?

Oct 26, 2011, 10:37 AM
    No we are not using birth control we are actually trying to get pregnant again. I didn't have any signs that I was going to start, I just woke up one morning and was having the light pin bleeding, I just stopped but the whole time I was bleeding it wasn't enough to fill a tampon and it was mostly when I wiped. See before I had my daughter I had lost 4 kids, none of which made it past the first or second month, I had given up on trying until December 21 when I went for a regular check up they told me my christmas present was going to be having my daughter
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2011, 04:51 PM
    I feel it is important to make sure you understand that you would increase the possibility of having problems with another pregnancy so close to the first. It is important to make informed decisions.

With that said, the timing would be about right for periods to resume before long, particularly if you are not breastfeeding.

Sooner or later, pregnancy will certainly be a possibility since you are having unprotected sex. Be sure you continue doing what you can to take the utmost care of yourself, including taking prenatal vitamins while trying to conceive.

If you do not have a period within a few more weeks, try a pregnancy test. Certainly try one if you experience other possible symptoms. You may or may not have a period before becoming pregnant.

Oct 27, 2011, 03:53 AM
    I am well aware of what the consequences are, my decision about having another child was based on my husband asking my about having another child with him. I know that the chances of my getting pregnant increase especially after just having my daughter I'm very fertile. That is actually why we decided to try again so soon, I was told my chances of having one were slim, but I ended up having my daughter. And a little fyi I am breastfeeding.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 27, 2011, 04:01 AM
    Do you realize the dangers to your unborn child should you be pregnant again so early after this last delivery?

Not only are there dangers to your health, but there can be lasting dangers to the child after it is born as well.

Oct 28, 2011, 12:58 PM
    J_9... First of all may I ask what gives you the right to judge me.

"Do you realize the dangers to your unborn child should you be pregnant again so early after this last delivery?

Not only are there dangers to your health, but there can be lasting dangers to the child after it is born as well."

I am not an idiot I have spoken with my health care advisors and I DO know what is at stake, but you cannot tell me that every person who has gotton pregnant so soon after having a baby had health problems or caused health problems to their unborn child. And as for the second part of your comment, let ME worry about my health, I was on here asking a question if you have a response to my question feel free to answer, if not I'll ask you to please keep your comments to yourself, thanks
    Uber Member

Oct 28, 2011, 01:39 PM
    MrzJohnson26... please be aware that our role is to not only answer questions but to also inform. It was not known that you had consulted with your health care advisers or to what extent you were aware of the potential risks involved. J_9 works in labor and delivery and deals with birth on a daily basis.

Of course not every person who becomes pregnant soon after giving birth goes onto have problems... no one made such a suggestion. The same could be said for a number of health concerns. Not every smoker goes onto develop lung cancer, but the known risks are there.

Many people are not fully aware of the potential risks in
    Regards to back to back pregnancies. It would stand to reason, given the history of loss, that you would want to do all that is possible to ensure a healthy pregnancy, baby, and mother.

Saying your decision, at least in part, was due to your husband asking about having another child, makes me wonder whether he is fully aware of the risks as most would likely not want to subject their partner, and possible child, to such when it is not necessary. Did he also consult with your care provider?

As you said, it is your decision. Please try not to become defensive from information that is provided. Now that we know you apparently are making an informed decision we can offer suggestions.

Keep in mind that with breastfeeding, especially if it is exclusive, you may not become fertile for awhile. Exclusive breastfeeding is considered an excellent form of birth control. It is also not necessarily true that you are more fertile just because you recently gave birth.

The bleeding may be due to the breastfeeding as well as the other possibilities mentioned prior. Some breastfeeding mothers will notice a slight increase in spotting or bleeding for a time as the oxytocin released from breastfeeding continues to work on the uterus.

Again, take care of yourself as best you can, and you will just have to test now and then since you may not have periods resume for sometime while breastfeeding.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 28, 2011, 03:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrzJohnson26 View Post
    J_9... First of all may I ask what gives you the right to judge me.

"Do you realize the dangers to your unborn child should you be pregnant again so early after this last delivery?

Not only are there dangers to your health, but there can be lasting dangers to the child after it is born as well."

I am not an idiot I have spoken with my health care advisors and I DO know what is at stake, but you cannot tell me that every person who has gotton pregnat so soon after having a baby had health problems or caused health problems to their unborn child. And as for the second part of your comment, let ME worry about my health, I was on here asking a question if you have a response to my question feel free to answer, if not I'll ask you to please keep your comments to yourself, thanx
    MrzJohnson, there is no need to be so defensive. I didn't judge you. Judging you would be to say "do you know what an idiot you are trying to have a baby so soon after the first one." I don't think I said that now, did I?

I speak not only from professional experience, I am a labor and delivery nurse, but also from personal experience. My DIL was pregnant with her second child so soon after the birth of her first child.

Now, with that said, as a professional, I would like to outline some of the potential dangers to you and/or your child and let you make your decision, after which I will happily unsubscribe from this thread.

Dangers to you
    * PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) - basically this is high blood pressure caused by pregnancy, this can lead to seizure activity and immediate Cesarean Section as well as preterm labor and delivery. PIH can also become chronic leading to lifelong dependency on medication to control your blood pressure.

* Gestational Diabetes - basically diabetes caused by pregnancy. This can be cured by delivery alone, but can also become a chronic lifelong condition called Type II Diabetes. There are dangers to be fetus as well.

Dangers to baby
    * PIH - when mom has PIH there are dangers to the baby as well, such as premature delivery, small for gestational age (under 5 pounds). When there is a premature delivery there is a risk of the newborn spending a good amount of time in a NICU.

* Gestational Diabetes - outlined above.

* Permanent dangers - Because a woman's body has not recovered from the first pregnancy (hormonal levels not back to normal) the baby has an increased risk of asthma and other immune compromised disorders.

Some studies show an increased risk of hearing problems, yet others show an increased risk of Down's Syndrome, however I don't particularly subscribe to these studies.

I can tell you from personal experience that I now have chronic hypertension because I had my first two children 18 months apart and suffered PIH during the pregnancy of my second child. My granddaughter now has chronic lung/breathing problems, as well as hearing difficulties, because my DIL became pregnant 8 weeks after the delivery of her first child.

Now, I trust with the help of your healthcare team you will make the right decision for you and your family.

I now respectfully unsubscribe from this thread.

Oct 28, 2011, 08:24 PM
    Im going to start by saying this, I came on this thing just to ask a general question.. Of course I didn't put on here that I was seeking consult from a doctor, I don't know you people. Like I'm going to just open up with my whole life story. And I didn't come on here for people to lecture me about any decisions. I tol you I was aare of the risk and yet you still post your input on here.. I didn't know I couldn't ask a question and just get a frindly response.. Yeah maybe we got off on the wrong foot but for someone who doesn't know my health history shouldn't really be saying anything.. You may be a delivery and labor nurse but I don't really know that for sure, with that being said have a good day...

Anyone with just some friendly advice or PERSONAL experiences please let me know, very much appreciated.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

6weeks after giving birth and still bleeding. [ 14 Answers ]

I gave birth naturally six weeks ago, and I am still bleeding... 2 days ago I thought I was done since I had pretty much finished the lochia stage, but I woke up to bright red bleeding and small clots. I have no idea what is going on and I can't get to the doctor till Tuesday. I am strictly...

Dark red bleeding 11 weeks after giving birth [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there, Ive been bleeding now 11 weeks afetr giving birth and the blood comes on when I engage in strenuous actvities like exercise. Its dark red and with clots. What's going on?

Light pink bleeding [ 0 Answers ]

I had my period about a week or two ago. Now I have this really light pink bleeding and it is really light only when I wipe. And not constant. I am worried as this has never happened.

Still bleeding 4wks after giving birth [ 3 Answers ]

After having my second child my bleeding was normal I guess, it lasted for about 2 n a half weeks. It kind of stopped, then a couple days later it started back really dark. My baby is a month old and I'm still bleeding.what's going on? This didn't happen with my first child... :mad:

6 weeks after giving birth having bleeding and clots still but only when I wipe after [ 1 Answers ]

6 weeks after giving birth still bleeding and cloting I go to the toilet and when I wipe its on the toilet roll but have got a pad on and there is never much blood on there atall is this normal what could this be .x

View more questions Search