Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    liljoker Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 15, 2011, 11:11 AM
    Theft under 5000
    Hello
    I am 15 years old and I was with someone who stole something and later on offered to give me money what
    Should I do. I was given a court date and was arrested. This is the first time I'm going to court not getting
    In trouble. Any tips would help thank you.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Oct 15, 2011, 11:37 AM
    You qualify for youthful offender and diversion. I would not go into Court without an Attorney. I know it's a pat answer but you have an entire life ahead of you and this needs to be resolved in your favor.
    MrzJohnson26 Posts: 24, Reputation: 4

Oct 28, 2011, 09:52 PM
    First you should start by evaluating who you associate with, you should be careful being with someone that would put you in that situation, have you spoken with your parents about this?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2011, 07:36 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrzJohnson26 View Post
    First you should start by evaluating who you associate with, you should be careful being with someone that would put you in that situation, have you spoken with your parents about this?

This is a legal forum and it operates very different from "opinion" categories.

This is not legal advice. Do you have legal advice?
    Uber Member

Oct 29, 2011, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by MrzJohnson26 View Post
    So its also wrong to suggest to a minor that they talk to there parents about being in trouble with the law? I thought kids were supposed to go to there parents when they were in trouble.

Written formal appology for this thread as well

If someone wanted personal advice your comment would be absolutely in line. In this case the question is/was: "Hello - I am 15 years old and I was with someone who stole something and later on offered to give me money what Should I do. I was given a court date and was arrested. This is the first time I'm going to court not getting In trouble. Any tips would help thank you."

I don't see that you offered any legal advice.

Instead of written apologies, just accept the advice and move on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Theft under 5000 [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I'm looking for some advice on a theft under $5000 case where I was caught shoplifting when I was 19 in Alberta, Canada. I went to court with no legal aid and requested what I think is now called Adult Diversion, which was granted. I completed the requirements in full. Two years later I was...

THEFT UNDER $5000 - second offence. (1st offence = theft from employer) [ 10 Answers ]

I am 19 years old. Living in british columbia, canada. Yesterday me and my friend were shoplifting at metrotown mall.. we were being followed around the mall because of our big purses and did not know it until we went into "old navy" where we saw a bunch of bathing suits and flip flops and jammed...

Theft Under 5000/ way under 5000 [ 14 Answers ]

Okay this is probably one of the dumbest things I have done, day before yesterday I was caught on my own street with 2 other friends and I went into an open car, now I was not going to steal any money, I just didn't want to look like a pansy, I know stupid excuse. Anyway, right when I was in the...

Theft- Under 5000 [ 1 Answers ]

Yea I am an idiot. I know that so please hold the insults. I live in Toronto and I recently made a big mistake (works both ways) First off, I got greedy and stole a case in which I thought held two PS3's. However I took the wrong box and instead stole a case with two Mobile Audio Players (Mini...

View more questions Search