Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babygurl1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 02:28 AM
    I'm going to c a dermatologist about stretchmarks
    Hi I'm going to see a dermatologist a about my stretchmarks and I'm just wondering what to expect,what kind o q's to ask and what kind of treatments are available for stretchmarks? Thanks
    Confuzzledmonkey Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 03:26 AM
    Bio oil, Cocoa butter, there are millions, but there are quite a few cheap homemade alternatives I haven't the time right now too list them all but applying vitamen E oil is good, if they are still new try using any moisturiser.
    babygurl1 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 21, 2007, 03:32 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzledmonkey
    Bio oil, Cocoa butter, there are millions, but there are quite a few cheap homemade alternatives I havent the time right now too list them all but applying vitamen E oil is good, if they are still new try using any moisturiser.

I used cocoa butter when I was pregnant and that was absolutely rubbish,I'm using bio oil at the moment and its made my skin smoother and softer but not made any difference to the appearance
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Apr 21, 2007, 08:05 AM
    Stretch marks can appear red or brown at first depending on your skin color, but they do fade to silver. It's not just the top layer of skin that stretches. The underlying layers stretch too and this creates small tears in the collagen which is what gives skin its elasticity. There is currently, no safe effective means to either prevent or remove stretch marks. Emollient, lubricants with lanolin, cocoa butter, Vitamin E may make the skin feel more comfortable but will not have any effect on the marks. Laser surgery and Microdermabrasion may help reduce the look of stretch mark.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What should I do after going to the principle? [ 43 Answers ]

:confused: today its my worst day ever . First of all I got detention (not the only one , with 6 other people ) my school usually finished at 2:30 but I got detantion till 2:50 after I got out of the detention room I went to my locker and I found everything missed up my cell phone(pink , razer 3vc...

Stretchmarks on Breasts [ 6 Answers ]

Every since I lost a little weight in Middle School I have had stretch marks on my breasts. They are more visible in the sumer time since I tend to tan more often. I would really love to know how I can get rid on them!

Before going in to talk with ICBC Insurance claim [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have this debt with ICBC that is well over 200,000 due to injury claim pay out, not mine I never claimed, I crashed my dads truck about 9 years ago result my dad got paid out, then year or so later my "friend" got paid out and I got a bill for them both, since then I have gotten letters on a...

Help I'm going crazy [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am really depressed as my mum does not let me out of the house at all I am always kept inside. I am losing my friends at my new school in england I have just started - a dance school. I live in the Channel islands. I knew this girl at my old school and she was a good friend to me and I told...

Help me please I'm going crazy [ 3 Answers ]

OK you well I still like my ex he broke up wit me, because he thought I lied to him but really I didn't.and I've told him the whole story and the misunderstanding that he had so we have talked and do still sometimes. But the prob is I still really love him and all my friends want me to bac out wit...

View more questions Search