Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lime Jelly Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Nov 25, 2006, 02:44 AM
    How do I get rid of acne spots??
    I've had acne for a while now, ever since I reached puberty. I only get large acne spots every once in a while but I always seem to have these little spots all over my face and back! There just like little red dots but they really annoy me... I've tried creams and all that but the small spots never seem to go away. Does anyone know any methods for getting rid of them? Or even the bigger ones?

Thanks,
    :)
    imation Posts: 284, Reputation: 36

Nov 25, 2006, 05:34 AM
    Mmm well its just mainly caused by a hormone imbalance because your going through puberty...
    We've all been through it, some are lucky some are unlucky.. maybe try a teen multivitamin, washing regularly, and absolultely critical, don't touch it! Lol
    It just spreads and what not and it ends up a mess believe me.. I know lol
    PrettyLady Posts: 2,765, Reputation: 332
    -

Nov 26, 2006, 09:15 PM
    If you have basic acne, over-the-counter treatments with salicylic acid helps unclog pores to resolve and prevent lesions and benzoyl peroxide works by destroying the bacteria that causes the condition acne. If you have acne that doesn't respond to over-the-counter treatment, please consult a dermatologist.

Acne scars or marks can be fade with products such as alpha hydroxy creams or fading creams. Home dermabrasion kits or chemical peels can also help reduce the appearance of dark spots and improve your skin's clarity.
    chosen1 Posts: 60, Reputation: -7

Nov 26, 2006, 10:17 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lime Jelly
    I've had acne for a while now, ever since I reached puberty. I only get large acne spots every once in a while but I always seem to have these little spots all over my face and back! There just like little red dots but they really annoy me... I've tried creams and all that but the small spots never seem to go away. Does anyone know any methods for getting rid of them? Or even the bigger ones?

Thanks,
    :)
    Go to a skin care place and get a chemical peel about once a month. Its great for the complection and to stops future break outs
    MasonRacin Posts: 18, Reputation: 2

Nov 27, 2006, 12:42 AM
    I'm a big fan of at home remedies. If you can't afford a dermatologist, there's a few things you can do to prevent and treat acne. Get some acne wash (noxema is best, but store brand will do) and wash 2-3 times a day with that. Stay away from Stridex pads because they will dry out your skin. Follow up with some Witch Hazel on a cotton ball to close up those pores. Then afterwards, use oil free face lotion with or without acne treatment. For those annoying red spots, you're going to laugh at me but I swear by this. Use a q-tip to apply small amounts of toothpaste to zits (or spots) on face, back, thighs, wherever. Rub it in gently only to affected area. In addition to that, if you wear makeup, buy the oil free kind and use sparingly. Don't touch your face during the day. I can't tell you to stop picking at your face because it's impossible to do, but good advice nonetheless. If nothing else works and seeing a Dr. is out of the question, check online for other home remedies, there's hundreds out there, just see what works for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Acne [ 6 Answers ]

Hi pals Can you please tell me what is acne , why and whom does it effect ? And what is the best solution for treating ACNE,and also tell me are pimples caused due to acne?

I want to get rid of acne scars! [ 15 Answers ]

It seems as though all the posts I read on different sites are focusing on products that are great but they are used to "lighten" the skin. I am a coffee colored af. Am. Female and I must say I would never want to lighten my skin to be a whole different complexion. I just want to fade the few acne...

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Acne [ 5 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and I have suffered from having acne for around 8 years now. It is very embarrassing. I have it on my face, back, chest and arms. I have tried many different products and event went to see a dermotologist. The dermo. Said that it is hereditary and there is nothing that they...

What is the best way to get rid of dark spots when painting [ 2 Answers ]

I have recently painted my bedroom blue. But when the paint dried, I noticed that I have some spots that are much darker then others. What is the best way to get rid of those? I have thought about painting over the dark spots with the original color of the wall... then going back over them...

View more questions Search