Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Jun 30, 2006, 12:19 PM
    Going in for an unscheduled appointment.
    I am going to leave for an emergency appt with at my dr office in about fifteen minutes. I am having some really bad pelvic pains and thought it better to be safe than sorry. I am not seeing my regular dr but one of his colleagues *s*. I figured I would let everyone know what was happening and will repost if they let me come home. I am experiencing some bh contractions but as I have a really high pain threshold I'm worried that it might be something more. I think that they are worried about it too or else they would have had me wait two weeks for my next appt. I am feeling a throbbing pain in my pelvic region and it's not baby hiccoughs. I hope it's just me being paranoid. Please pray that it is. I will post again as soon as I can. If not then Drew will have to post for me. He knows what a helpful site this is and how much I have come to depend on the people and their knowledge here. Cross your fingers...

Oh also my cats will not let me out of their sight and constantly want to cuddle up and be with "mommy". I trust the animal instinct more than I trust myself so I will follow their gut and my own... Just killing time before I have to leave.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jun 30, 2006, 12:22 PM
    Myth, call me if you still have my #. My thoughts are with you. Good luck I hope all is well.

Xoxox
    orange Posts: 1,364, Reputation: 197
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2006, 12:28 PM
    Hope everything is okay, Myth... good luck and take care!
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jun 30, 2006, 12:40 PM
    Hoping everything is okay with you and the little ones. I am praying for you and my thoughts are with all of you. Your right about animal instincts. They tend to be better then ours at times.

Joe
    Jnet29 Posts: 88, Reputation: 13

Jun 30, 2006, 02:37 PM
    Hi Myth, I will be praying for you and the twins I'll talk to you soon :)
    Expert

Jun 30, 2006, 02:40 PM
    Myth, I was so glad to talk to you. I really was planning on Going to Wal-Mart on my way to the hospital.

I won't let the others in on your diagnosis. Just glad to hear your voice. You sound well in control of things.

Good luck, and I hope to see you on the 15th.

P.S. I PMd you with the info you wanted.

Janine

Jun 30, 2006, 03:36 PM
    I'm OK and the babes are OK. He did a pelvic and said that my cervex was soft on the outside and hard in the middle. He also said that everything checked out. When I checked in at the dr's I had already been there to make a payment today at around ten in the morning the top of my belly was level with the counter... this afternoon when I went back in it had dropped a couple of inches from my vantage point... He perscribed me Darvocet and to hydrate... if I drink anymore water I'm going to float away... I think he could do with a better bedside manner but he wasn't my regular dr either. I see my regular dr on the 12th and will have another u/s. I also have instructions that if it gets more intense or the bh contractions get more painful then to head to labor and delivery over the weekend.

In my opinion, and I'm no dr but I have kids, the dr's are off on when I'm due. I think that I'm further along than we all thought. I don't think twins will be two pounds in weight at five and a half months... 26weeks... And my dr is going to start seeing me every week after this next appointment. I'm still having some pains and I'm really uncomfortable right now. I had to force myself to eat something earlier and I know that these pains aren't from gas or indigestions... they are too low and too far forward. I guess what I'm saying is that I know my body very well *along with my cats* and this feels like labor... I'm not dialating and I haven't lost my plug so I'm hoping that the meds will help to keep that at bay for a bit longer... Well now I think I'm going to go lay down and rest... Thank you all for your support.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 30, 2006, 03:51 PM
    I noticed that you're still logged in and hope you get a chance to read this today.

It does sound like you and the cats are right. I hope that the team at the hospital are ready for you. It might be a little early, but 'mother nature' does not always do things on our schedule.

I've been keeping Jaime informed and showed her the picture of the twins, and she is also sending along all the good vibes she can.

Sitting on pins and needles and hoping to hear good news from you soon,

Love, Chery

Jun 30, 2006, 04:01 PM
    I am hoping not to go anyyyyy time too soon... these guys need to cook a bit longer even if I'm right and we are a month further along than the dr's think. Thank you and Jaime for the good vibes... I'm on my second glass of water already and it's not helping at all... I'm just going to rest and make drew wait on me hand and foot this weekend... lol... I'll check in later and tell you all how it's going.
    buggage Posts: 1,514, Reputation: 165
    Ultra Member

Jun 30, 2006, 04:11 PM
    Hey MYth, glad to hear all is well with you and the babes. Hope that its notlabor yet, and that the water and meds will help. Prayin for you, and sending those" sticky vibes " your way too. Haha. Have a good day, and make Drew wait on you like royalty. Haha. You deserve it! But I'm sure he already knows that. Anyway, BIG hugs to you hun, and let me know how you are.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Jun 30, 2006, 04:11 PM
    Get Drew to go to the drugstore and get those Magnesium tabs that dissolve to put into your water.

Then tell him to get lots of pillows for your feet and legs.

After that, he can set up the PC near the bed so that you won't have to leave it this weekend.

If he needs help on cooking hints, he can check in with us and we'll help him spoil you.

Also get the cats to comfort you with their purring.. that will relax the twins a little too.

Then, try to relax, relax, and relax some more.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jun 30, 2006, 05:28 PM
    You.. . Are. . Getting.. . Very.. . Relaxed.. . Myyyyyyyyth.. .
    Floating.. . in.. . A. . Beeeeeeauuuuuutiful.. . Warm.. . Sunbeam.. . and.. . everything.. . is.. . haaaaaaaappy.. .

(sheepish look here)
    Not sure what else to do so crosses fingers too. :o
    Expert

Jul 1, 2006, 12:25 PM
    Myth, great talking to you.

Did you go to the hospital since I talked to you this morning?

Yes, I will be your voice if you go in.

Call me if you need to.

Janine

Jul 1, 2006, 11:27 PM
    I haven't gone to the hospital yet and I'm hoping I don't have to... I've slept most of the day away and will probably do the same tomorrow. Drew has been wonderful. He has really been my rock. My cats kept me pinned on the couch being their personal bed for almost three hours... lol... I'm still having some pains. I would love to go to the e.r. but they will just send me home after they check me out and can't find anything. I will wait till Monday and go and see my dr. My regular dr. I didn't like the guy I saw on Friday he was kind of a *excuse the expression* prick. I'm doing OK but not the greatest. Then again that's pregnancy for you. I still feel that I'm further along than we thought at first. I just don't know though. Well I'm going back to bed and getting what rest I can. I will keep you posted one way or another. Ttyl
    Ultra Member

Jul 2, 2006, 04:05 PM
    Glad to hear you are still home. Hope you are feeling better soon, and that you find out what's up soon(on your dates and all) rub that tummy and tell the twins hi for me! *big hug*

Jul 3, 2006, 05:14 AM
    Will do. I just wanted to know if anyone actually knows what a mucus plug looks like when it comes out all stringy and you have to wipe several times to feel some semblance of clean. My mother in law is a nurse and said that the smell doesn't really smell like amniotic fluid but it def doesn't smell like urine. I have been having some cervical pain with the contractions and think they are starting to get me dialating. I'm going to call the dr later this morning and see if he wants me to come in on wed or just wait a week. I feel very much like I have the flu and I really don't want to put anything on my tummy cause I'm afraid that it will come right back up. Think I'm going to go back to bed now and rest some more. Drew has been wonderful and has treated me like a spoiled princess. We managed to get the carpets shampooed yesterday by a friend who has a commercial carpet cleaner and the living room is rearranged the way I wanted it... lol... Drew didn't want to but actually said he likes it better the way I have it. Men, lol. Well I'll check back later and let everyone know what the dr says.
    Ultra Member

Jul 3, 2006, 10:46 AM
    Hey myth. As far as the plug goes, I have heard a few different stories. One is that it just all comes out at once, OR it comes out at small interludes, as small gelatinous pieces.
    Expert

Jul 3, 2006, 10:52 AM
    Myth, sounds to me like you are going through the "nesting syndrome" of pregnancy :p This is often an indicator that labor will soon follow.

From what you posted, it sounds very much like you're losing your mucous plug. Losing a mucous plug is different for every woman and every pregnancy. But you really need to get in touch with Dr. W, he may want you in the hospital to be sure that no infection begins. Good luck. Going to the base tonight with the kids to watch the fireworks.

Take care, call me if anything happens, you have both my #s.

Xoxox
    Janine

Jul 3, 2006, 11:04 AM
    I thought about calling the dr but I really don't want to end up on full bed rest cause that would stress me out soooo much more than I am now. I know I should but... Well you know how it goes. Ok, OK... I can hear you all now I'll call the dr... lol. I don't want to hear all the pro's of calling I know them already and for the twins sake I'll call... geese do you all have to dissagree with me so loudly... and you haven't even read this yet... lol
    Expert

Jul 3, 2006, 11:06 AM
    You are funny, and we can tell you also know us pretty well.

I think we will disagree with you loudly just to make sure those precious little ones are okay.

Let us know what Dr. W says.

We are waiting with baited breath to make sure you are okay.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Appointment Notification Program [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone a have a free application/program that wiil send notification of events. e.g. I use Yahoo calendar for library reminders, birthdays etc but I would like to get away from my Yahoo. I don't want a messenger service like MSN or Yahoo active on my desk top. Have XP with Outlook & Express...

View more questions Search