Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lost in my little head Posts: 24, Reputation: 2

Oct 9, 2007, 06:30 PM
    How to detect the iron content of hair?
    I'm trying to do a science fair experiment on what type of hair color has the best iron content. Problem is that I don't know what tools to use and chemicals I would need to carry this experiment out. So if anyone knows how to find out the iron content of hair PLEASE let me know ASAP.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Oct 9, 2007, 06:57 PM
    I don't think it is the color of hair. Iron or lack of iron in hair depends on the persons intake of iron in their system. Also I think the tests equipment is very expensive.
    Hair Analysis by Nutritionally Yours: alternative treatments for ADHD, fibromyalgia relief, heavy metal toxicity, hair test

Do you have to have an experiment? When I went to my kids science fairs most kids had
    Papers, pictures, graphs, statistics and so forth.

I am sure you would be able to come up with something along the lines you are thinking but it is a lot more involved than hair color.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hair folical test on meth, can it detect single use? [ 2 Answers ]

Can a hair follicle test for meth be specific enough to detect a single use. Is there a specific name of a test that can.

How do you find out the iron content of hair? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to do a science fair experiment on what type of hair color has the best iron content. Problem is that I don't know what tools to use and chemicals I would need to to carry this experiment out. So if anyone knows how to find out the iron content of hair PLEASE let me know ASAP.

How do you figure out the iron content of hair? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to do a science fair experiment on what type of hair color has the best iron content. Problem is that I don't know what tools to use and chemicals I would need to to carry this experiment out. So if anyone knows how to find out the iron content of hair PLEASE let me know ASAP.

Removing iron from my hair [ 3 Answers ]

I recently dyed my hair using a "28 shampoo" semi-permanent dye that was darker than my natural color. I'm blonde, and my hair normally turns orange for a short while when I dye it, but it usually washes out after a few shampoos. Well, I've washed my hair well over the 28 stated times and the color...

Puffy Hair - Straightening Iron [ 2 Answers ]

Okay, So my hair, when it goes.. it grows up and out.. so my hair really looks all puffy.. I have pretty thick hair. I want to get my hair into a new hair style, but to do that it needs to be 'down'.. instead of puffing. My fringe will go over one hair, you probably seen the hair style...

View more questions Search