Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    harbourwoods Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Oct 11, 2005, 02:32 AM
    Need Appointment Notification Program
    Does anyone a have a free application/program that wiil send notification of events. e.g. I use Yahoo calendar for library reminders, birthdays etc but I would like to get away from my Yahoo. I don't want a messenger service like MSN or Yahoo active on my desk top.
    Have XP with Outlook & Express but I haven't found a way to send myself messages.
    StuMegu Posts: 576, Reputation: 64

Oct 11, 2005, 02:57 AM
    If you have the Office version of Outlook, you can use the calendar function to set reminders, however outlook has to be left open for this to work. Outlook Express doesn't have this functionality.

In Outlook, go to the calendar, right click on any section of the calendar display and choose from the options (appointment, event etc) you can schedule single instances or recurring evenst i.e 9:30 am every Monday.

I don't know of any specific freeware software, probably openoffice has similar functionality, but I don't use this, so I can't say!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

H1B consular notification & SS tax [ 1 Answers ]

I am currently on OPT and have a H1 approved. Since I was in India (for a month after I did my masters from a US university) when the petition was filed, the lawyers filed for a consular notification and without change of status. Does that mean I would need to start paying SS and medicare taxes...

Going in for an unscheduled appointment. [ 26 Answers ]

I am going to leave for an emergency appt with at my dr office in about fifteen minutes. I am having some really bad pelvic pains and thought it better to be safe than sorry. I am not seeing my regular dr but one of his colleagues *s*. I figured I would let everyone know what was happening and will...

Audio Mail Notification? [ 1 Answers ]

I used to use AOL, which has audio mail notification - "You Have Mail". For reasons too lengthy to go into, I now am using a different email service (Comcast). Is there any way I can make my iMac G5 notify me audibly when I get mail? Thanks, Kavanaugh

Notification Of Bequest! [ 2 Answers ]

Anybody out there ever heard of the subject "Notification Of Bequest!!!" being mentioned in an e-mail? I got one recently. I've seen other stuff similar to this one on-line. I figured it was some kind of scam. Please let me know what you know. Thanks! Rand

View more questions Search