Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shoegal Posts: 263, Reputation: 18

Aug 23, 2007, 09:24 PM
    Acne acne acne!
    OK I know all about acne and have been struggling with it for a while now. I do everything right, and it seems like no matter what I do, it won't go away, it gets worse! Benzoil peroxide and salicylic acid can shove it, because they don't do a darn thing, over the counter stuff is not good either, it just adds more chemicals to your face. I worked up the courage and made a dermatologist appt. for the middle of sept. is there anything natural from the earth that cures acne that you know of? I'm sick of harsh chemicals and medicines, is there anything natural? And do the dermatologists have stuff that works? Is it even worth it, because I feel like NOTHING works, not even proactive. I know this is a lot of questions in one haha. Thanks! :)
    Mr Blackrose Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Aug 23, 2007, 09:36 PM
    Tea Tree Oil. Natural antiseptic.
    sarah1989 Posts: 154, Reputation: 0

Aug 23, 2007, 10:05 PM
    Go to you skin specalist and ask them to put you on roaccatain excuse the spelling
    But this is really really effective I had bad acne and was on this for quite a few months but once taken all the prescribed medication it shouldn't come back.
    And also try ask your doctor for Clindatech that's really good to thought I'm not sure if you can get these things from where you live but give it a go.
    :)
    GlindaofOz Posts: 2,334, Reputation: 354
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 10:13 PM
    Are staying with a steady skin care regime? Jumping from one product to another or using too harsh products on your skins will cause even more problems.

Also recognize that your diet and exercise contributes to how your skin looks. If you eat a lot of processed foods you are putting a lot of toxins into your body and that will come out in your skin.

I say cool out for now until your doctors appointment. Use something gentle on your skin like Cetaphil. I have a feeling that you've really aggravated your skin by being too aggressive in treating your acne.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2007, 11:54 PM
    I'll give you step #1:

Always was your face with warm water and Cuticura Soap ONLY. Nothing else. Follow with a warm water rinse and then a cold water rinse. I can modify this when the above is impossible to do.

Hair is probably oily to? Yes, No? Have fix for that too.

Prescription med. Yea. I can recommend one.

Aug 24, 2007, 10:54 AM
    I just want to say thank to all of you guys, I love knowing I have someone to ask if I have any problem, and you guys always help! Thanks so much! Now back to the subject haha:
    I wash my face with garnier detoxifying cleanser, is that too much? At night I usually use my proactiv just to keep the pimples down but I don't think it works as I mentioned before. My skin is really dry, I don't think my hair is oily, I wash it everyday. I could be too harsh on my face after the proactiv, that stuff is pretty harsh. Is garnier gentle? I like that stuff, and it seems to help. I use almay toner and olay moisterizer. I love moisterizer, I have such dry skin
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2007, 10:59 AM
    My suspicion is that the ProActiv is making your skin REALLY dry.

I'm not familiar with Garnier products so I don't know how gentle or harsh they are. I would also reduce to washing your face once a day. You skin could probably use the oil it collects over night. I would also recommend to help soothe your skin that you pick up a heavier night cream then use the Olay in the morning. I also don't think you need the toner. I think you are really over drying your skin. Dry skin can cause breakouts just as much as oily skin can.
    Lady Liberty Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 12:57 AM
    You could try the Coal Face soap from Lush. It's made with Charcoal and Licorice which are super good for your skin, getting all the impurities out controlling oil. It is BLACK which can look a little skecthy.
    sherrylou628 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 11:04 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegal
    ok i know all about acne and have been struggling with it for a while now. I do everything right, and it seems like no matter what I do, it won't go away, it gets worse!! benzoil peroxide and salicylic acid can shove it, because they don't do a darn thing, over the counter stuff is not good either, it just adds more chemicals to your face. I worked up the courage and made a dermatologist appt. for the middle of sept. is there anything natural from the earth that cures acne that you know of? I'm sick of harsh chemicals and medicines, is there anything natural? and do the dermatologists have stuff that works? is it even worth it, because i feel like NOTHING works, not even proactive. i know this is a lot of questions in one haha. thanks! :)
    I once had a problem with acne too! But I'm glad it's all gone now. Just like you, before I have tried all the topical ointments,creams and solutions to treat acne but it didn't make any good. Until a friend told me that the problem isn't on my skin's surface but in my system. She advised me to take Beauoxi White plus, a glutathione product. In just 2 weeks you can visibly see the difference on your face. Blemishes dries up and eventually it will vanish without leaving a mark and oily skin no more. Goodbye to Acne!
    sherrylou628 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2007, 11:04 AM
    I once had a problem with acne too! But I'm glad it's all gone now. Just like you, before I have tried all the topical ointments,creams and solutions to treat acne but it didn't make any good. Until a friend told me that the problem isn't on my skin's surface but in my system. She advised me to take Beauoxi White plus, a glutathione product. In just 2 weeks you can visibly see the difference on your face. Blemishes dries up and eventually it will vanish without leaving a mark and oily skin no more. Goodbye to Acne!

Sep 10, 2007, 07:07 PM
    I looked up the Beauoxi White plus, and it's a whitening crème, and it makes your skin white. I'm already too pale, I'd like to not lose any more color haha. But thanks so much for the suggestion, that was very kind of you. I made an appt. with a dermatologist. I hope it helps, will she be able to prescribe something for me? Because I don't want a crème, those don't seem to work, I think my acne's from the inside, because my skin is very clean, but not too dry to cause too much oil. Will she give me a pill that actually works? If anyone has any experience with this, please share! Thanks :))
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2007, 07:09 PM
    My cousin had HORRIBLE acne and her derm prescribed a pill and it really cleared up her skin.

However don't be opposed to creams you think your skin is okay but the dermatologist can see what you can't - remember that. So they might have something great that will really do wonders.
    Hair4days Posts: 1, Reputation: 3

Sep 12, 2007, 06:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shoegal
    ok i know all about acne and have been struggling with it for a while now. I do everything right, and it seems like no matter what I do, it won't go away, it gets worse!! benzoil peroxide and salicylic acid can shove it, because they don't do a darn thing, over the counter stuff is not good either, it just adds more chemicals to your face. I worked up the courage and made a dermatologist appt. for the middle of sept. is there anything natural from the earth that cures acne that you know of? I'm sick of harsh chemicals and medicines, is there anything natural? and do the dermatologists have stuff that works? is it even worth it, because i feel like NOTHING works, not even proactive. i know this is a lot of questions in one haha. thanks! :)
    Hello,

I had the same problem with horrible acne and I spent over $300 on prescription medication alone every time I went to see a dermatologist and it actually made my skin worse. :eek:

They always tell you it gets worse before it gets better. My husband saw the commercial for bareMinerals makeup which is natural and he convinced me to try it along with Ahava Deep Sea Mud Purifying Soap.

I've been using them both for 3 months and I have clear and beautiful skin. I have not had 1 break out since. Many days I go out without makeup and my friends have been wowed by the change in my skin.

I hope this helps you.:)
    fattimoo Posts: 82, Reputation: 4

Sep 12, 2007, 12:39 PM
    Hiya I also had a problem with acne and the doctor put me on the pill and mine cleared up I also tried freederm which I thought helped to dry them up! Good luck hope you find something to get rid of them soon!

Sep 12, 2007, 04:01 PM
    Thanks guys my appt. is tomorrow, I'd give anything for clear skin, I used to have amazing skin and never appreciated it and now I just am so paranoid about going swimming with people and stuff because I know my makeup will come off and AAH ACNE! Haha. I hope she can prescribe something, I'll keep you posted! :)
    sGt HarDKorE Posts: 656, Reputation: 98

Sep 12, 2007, 04:03 PM
    Acnefree works really really good. They also have a severe acne kit but I never used it so I don't know how good it is. Acnefree is my favorite, it is better than proactive to me and the bottles are like 3 times the size for the same price.
    Ultra Member

Sep 12, 2007, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Hair4days
    . My husband saw the commercial for bareMinerals makeup which is natural )
    THIS IS THE BEST.

Shoegal I totally recommend switching out your foundation for this. I started using it and normally I would break out since I would go straight from work to the gym so I'm dripping foundation and getting it into my pores. Once I started using the bare minerals no more breakouts. My best friend started using it too and she had really awful acne and it made her skin clear up as well. I then bought the starter kits for every woman in my family.

Sep 13, 2007, 05:28 PM
    k so I went to the dermatologist today and she put me on Differen, which is a cream that I put on before bed, and doxycycline, a pill I take 2x a day. Has anyone had any luck with these?
    Ultra Member

Sep 13, 2007, 06:00 PM
    I've heard differin is really good. A friend of mine used it and liked the results.

See now you can go treat yourself to bare minerals at Sephora!

Sep 13, 2007, 06:20 PM
    That's true! I'm really excited to get rid of this acne I'm just tired of it and sick of looking at it! But this weekend I'm going to sephora to buy myself some bareminerals and I'm even more excited for that! I have heard the most amazing things about them, and it's time for a treat! Thanks for all your help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Laser Treatment for acne, acne scars, and red marks [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I am 20yrs old and I've had acne since I was 14. This past year, my acne really flared up. I went to a dermatologist and they told me to go on Accutane. I didn't want to go on, because I already suffer from depression. They also suggested laser treatment for red marks from past acne and tiny...

Acne [ 10 Answers ]

I'm a teenager and I get acne on my nose and around it and it my eyebrows and bad on my forehead. I know its bad to pick and pop but I can't help it sometimes I used dozens of items for acne.(acne wash.proactive, natures cure ect) none of them work properly. I haven't had a period ever yet but why...

Acne [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, my name is Melissa. I need some help. I have had acne for about 3 years and I want to get rid of it. Can you give me some ways to get rid of it?:confused:

Acne [ 5 Answers ]

I am 18 years old and I have suffered from having acne for around 8 years now. It is very embarrassing. I have it on my face, back, chest and arms. I have tried many different products and event went to see a dermotologist. The dermo. Said that it is hereditary and there is nothing that they...

Acne help [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, Im 17 and I get bad Ance, I have tried most if not all of the over the counter items but Nothing really seems to work and Im going crazy please help:(

View more questions Search