Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rawr_itssonya Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Jun 1, 2007, 10:52 AM
    The best way to tan(tanning bed vs. sun)
    I have an olive complexion and its usually easy for me to tan but I rarely go to the tanning bed or tan outside. Is it healthier to tan inside or out? I've read some articles about different types of tanning beds have different types of uv rays and that its less harmfull than the sun. but I also know that the sun provides vitamens and other nutrients for the body. So which is healthier?

(p.s. I don't go for self tanners or spray ons simply because they don't last long and they make me look like an oompa loompa lol)
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Jun 1, 2007, 11:15 AM
    Niether are good for your skin. Too much sun causes skin damage such as age spots. You do need sun though. It provides many vitamins and nutreints your body needs to function. Tanning beds do not give you thoes nutrients. Tanning beds have harmfull UV rays. The best way to get a nice tan is by sprays or lotions. Even though they don't last long, thoes are the best for your skin.
    kanicky73 Posts: 484, Reputation: 63

Jun 1, 2007, 11:20 AM
    I realize that you know that niether are good for you so I won't go there. But to answer your question, I was told by my dermatologist that if he had to absolutely pick one, he would say a tanning bed. But with proper lotion applied before and after as well as the proper time for your skin tone. And to never ever allow yourself to burn in a tanning bed. He said the reason he picks the tanning bed over laying in the sun is because although the sun does provide nutrients, there is no filter on the amount of uva and uvb rays. On a tanning bed there is.
    LuvMyMaltipoo Posts: 281, Reputation: 39

Jun 1, 2007, 11:35 AM
    You have a very pretty skin complexion in your picture. I would say neither, you do not need it at all.
    rawr_itssonya Posts: 60, Reputation: 6

Jun 2, 2007, 10:56 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by LuvMyMaltipoo
    You have a very pretty skin complexion in your picture. I would say neither, you do not need it at all.

Lol I HAD a very pretty skin complexion. That was awhile ago when I used to go to the tanning bed(in winter. Gosh am I weird). I used to be a nice bronze but now I'm a pale yellow. Its killing me :( I want to achieve a beautiful sun kissed(or made-out with) tan lol. Like jennifer anniston's tan(in the break up). Hers is perfect.
    makeitagreatday Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2008, 07:52 AM
    Okay, I must let you know I got melanoma. The cause was the time spent in a tanning bed. I was in 'tanning bed a lot, before we knew how bad they were for you. I was 30 by the time it caught up with me. I suggest Neutrogena MicroMist Tanning Sunless Spray. Trust me, tanning bed's do cause damage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fading Age Spots, Sun Spots, Freckles & Tan Lines? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi everybody, I've just found this forum while Googling for effective ways to achieve what my topic's title describes. I've browsed through many of the posts here but couldn't find the answers I seek. I'm fair skinned and have some sun damage resulting from a bad sunburn a few months ago. Even...

Tanning [ 2 Answers ]

OK... last few years I've spent each day of my summer either in class (college) or at work... so basically I'm pretty pale/white. I've recently joined a new gym and noticed they have those tanning machines, I've never used them, or actually "tanned" (purposely). Should I use that tanning machine,...

Going tanning for first time [ 35 Answers ]

Hi.. I could use some advice on using tanning beds. Any tips would be useful Thanxs

Racoon Eyes from the Tanning Bed [ 1 Answers ]

Ok I lay in a tanning bed, I wear the goggles and now I have white rings around my eyes. How can I fix this?:eek:

Tanning beds? [ 2 Answers ]

My buddies and I want to go and tan in tanning beds but we're not sure how much I would be and we don't really want to be that dark just not as white as whiteout so does any one no were to go and how much it would be? :eek:

View more questions Search