Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vicky62 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Xhusband filed bankruptcy
    I was married the for 20 years and had in hearted property in North Carolina and the judge ruled that the property was mine. He also ruled that he pay half of the bills. Well you might of guessed he filed bankruptcy and stuck me with all of the debt. I raised my kids and did not work out of the home and my income is really not that much. All I have for retirement is the land. My X made 14,000 a month and life is great for him. But now one of the collection agency got a judgement for 17000 and is asking By court order to show all my assets which I have not told them anything. There has to be a way to hide that land so they can't get it. He did not comply with one court order but I had so comply to all of them he broke all of my families antiques and was ordered to pay and he didn't he just filed :mad: :mad: Vicky
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2007, 09:04 AM
    Hello vicky:

If you lie and they find out, you could go to jail. Go talk to a lawyer. They won't charge you for the initial consultation and you'll learn a lot. There might be something you can do.

excon
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 10:45 AM
    I would talk to an attorney, you may want or need to consider bankruptcy yourself.

To hide property just not to pay legal debts is illegal, so please consult an attorney

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Separated but not yet filed for divorce [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I have separated but not yet filed for divorce yet, I know he has another girlfriend and has gotten her pregnant. But I am not allowed to see any men. He tells me that he has a private investagator following me around and has pictures on me. He is sending annymous e-mails to all my...

Judgment filed against me [ 1 Answers ]

I received a letter about a judgment filed against me, did not know who any of these people were so it was a complete surprise... I called the county clerk to check on it and it was not filed BUT there was a different judgment filed against me--in 2004. I knew nothing about this and do not know...

F1 student, what form should have been filed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am an international student (F1) for 2005 have filed 1040 instead of 1040NR, is it possible that I can still receive my refund for Social Security and Medicare? I would appreciate your help.

Forms to be filed [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I entered the US in July 2001. I was ion F-1 since till dec 2004 and then on OPT. My employer filed H1B and it was approved in oct 2005.I got it stamped in INDIA in feb 2006. DO I use the 1040 NR or 1040NR-EZ or 1040? As this is my first year of H1B? PLease let me know Thanks in advance...

Forms to be filed-please help [ 1 Answers ]

Hello: I entered the US in July of 2001. Was on F-1 until graduation in dec 2004. After on OPT and was approved H-1B, got it stamped in INDIA in FEB 2006. What forms do I need to use. IS it the 1040NR-EZ since this is my first year on H1B. Please do let me know Thanks Vineet

View more questions Search