Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miri Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2009, 10:54 AM
    Car dealer
    About a month ago I trade in my car for a new car. The dealer already paid off the car I trade in but now they are telling me that they need more money for down payment. That when we sign the paper work we were still not approved but we were never told that. They did a credit check when we applied and they said everything was fine now they are bringing a problem we had 3 yrs ago when a car was reposed. What are my options can I hold them accountable for the contract we signed and keep the payments to what the contract said.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Sep 12, 2009, 02:19 PM

Did both of you sign a final contract or did you sign some type of application?

Sep 14, 2009, 12:22 PM
    We both signed a final contract
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 10:30 AM

I want to make sure I understand; you're saying that the dealership is now trying to get you to pay more for a vehicle after both you and they signed a purchase contract?

If you were not approved for the loan, then they wouldn't have given you the car. It's that simple. If they agreed to accept a set amount as a monthly payment and agreed to accept payments for a certain amount of time, they cannot just increase the final price of the vehicle because of a prior repossession. They would have had that information on hand when they initially did a credit check.

Where is this dealer located?

Sep 15, 2009, 11:39 AM
    Glenndale nissan
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 12:47 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by miri View Post
    glenndale nissan
    And what about everything else I said? Do you have the signed documents with you?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 15, 2009, 12:52 PM

You may hold them to the terms of any contract you and them both signed. Besure what it is you signed, many "contracts" are merely applications that are sold to banks or loan companies and not final for some time. Have an attorney in your area read over what you signed
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Sep 15, 2009, 01:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by this8384 View Post
    I want to make sure I understand; you're saying that the dealership is now trying to get you to pay more for a vehicle after both you and they signed a purchase contract?

If you were not approved for the loan, then they wouldn't have given you the car.
    It's that simple. If they agreed to accept a set amount as a monthly payment and agreed to accept payments for a certain amount of time, they cannot just increase the final price of the vehicle because of a prior repossession. They would have had that information on hand when they initially did a credit check.

Where is this dealer located?
    There are some dealers that will give you the car to drive for a day or so if you have good credit. They believe that once you have the car and drive it you will want it.
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2009, 01:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Stringer View Post
    There are some dealers that will give you the car to drive for a day or so if you have good credit. They believe that once you have the car and drive it you will want it.
    True, but by the OP's own admission, they had a repo three years prior. I doubt their credit was that good.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car dealer blues [ 1 Answers ]

Ok, I don't know if I'm in the right thread but here it goes; this is my story: I bought a car and I am not happy with the deal I got. I felt that I was rushed into purchasing a car that I wasn't even planning on buying. I have bad credit and so I was told that the bank wasn't going to approve...

How to Become a bike dealer [ 3 Answers ]

I am wanting to start a small shop to sell Atv's, Dirt bikes, Motorcyles, etc, Where do I start? Do I need to ask the dealers to become a dealer first. Or can I just do it.

How many vehicles did each dealer get? [ 1 Answers ]

It is the year 2075 and the electric truck is a reality. Jeff is an independent truck driver who delivers vehicles from the factory to the dealers in his very flat state. Jeff's truck (with him and his lunch box in it) weighs 8,000 lbs. From Jeff's house in Small Town to the automobile factory,...

Car dealer [ 3 Answers ]

I was thinking of quiting my job as a produce manager and try my hand at selling cars at a local dealership. They say they will train me and give me 4000 dollars up front after I finish the training program. How much do you usually make selling a car and what if I go a week without selling...

View more questions Search