Ask
    vboyd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2006, 09:03 AM
    Garnishment of wages
    In the state of Pennsylvania who can garnish wages
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 8, 2006, 09:12 AM
    I don't know of any states where WHO can garnish is limited. Generally, anyone who gets a judgment against you for money owed can pursue collection of it by a garnishment of your wages.

If someone you owe money to has a judgment against you - and they know where you work - then expect that it's possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Garnishing Wages(Please help!) [ 3 Answers ]

I am from Wisconsin. I have a debt with a credit card company,(silly me, I let my ex boyfriend charge, with word they he'd pay me back), and they sued me. I went to court and excepted the judgement. The company's attorney contacted me and gave me a financial disclosure statement to fill out. I...

Garnishment of wages [ 3 Answers ]

How is a garnishment handled when 2 parties were envolved for one payment, can one person only be garnished for the payment due, what to do if they try to put it on one person:confused:

Question about the documentation of wages [ 3 Answers ]

Dear Atlanta Tax Expert, Thank you so much for your advice on my res. vs. non-res. Status as an F-1 student in the 6th year. Right now I'd have only two more technical questions: 1) In addition to the work I did as a regular employee while on OPT (for which I received a W-2), I also did a...

View more questions Search