Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2006, 01:44 PM
    Bureau not responding to dispute. What next?
    So Im helping a friend clean up his credit (which I have done many times in the past) and I have run into a little problem. Experian is NOT responding to his requests. We resent the dispute certified to get a signature card showing that it was received and we got the card back showing that it was received & signed for. It has been about 2 months since it was received. By law, they have 30 days to repond to a dispute. From what I understand, their failure to respond within 30 days means that they must remove the inquiries in question. Typically, this would require a lawsuit.

Does anyone know an easier way to accomplish this? (Letters, verbage, tricks, etc? ) Thanks!
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 24, 2006, 02:04 PM
    My local Credit Bureau is closeby, so if it were me I'd march down there with all the documentation and demand to speak to someone.

If that's not convenient, the State Attorney General is a great next step. In my state complaints can be filed online. I'm a bit nutso about this sort of thing and use the Ohio AG about once a year with various consumer complaints and have gotten my way every time... and promptly.

Also check, though, into the FTC, who is the governing body for Title 6 (The Fair Credit Reporting Act). They may have an online complaint form too.

Good luck with it Doc!
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Aug 24, 2006, 03:02 PM
    You can send them this form, it is a qualified written request. It mostly helps in dealing with Credit Bureaus. It show them that you do kow how the procedure works.

Date

Via U.S.P.S. "Certified Mail #

Credit Bureau name
    Address

To Whom it concerns:

This is a qualified written request

SUBJECT: REMOVAL REQUEST FOR UNCERTIFIED/UNVERIFIED RECORDS

On (Date) I sent to ( Credit Bureau Name) a request for Verified Certification of your records for my credit report. Nearly a month has passed and I have not received any response from ( Credit Bureau name) regarding this issue, so I can only resume it is not your intention to provide me with the requested "Certified verification".

(Credit Bureau name) continued storage and relaying of any unverified and uncertified records regarding myself is cause for tort claim against (Credit Bureau name) for damages. I mention this only as a courtesy, as I am sure it is your desire to rectify this situation now that I have brought it to your attention. So there is no doubt regarding the current situation between (Credit Bureau Name) an myself, I am enclosing my Affidavit of Fact to bring your current.

Enclosed is a list of uncertified/unverified records ( Credit Bureau name) has stored and relayed to myself and others. All records on this list are uncertified/unverified, and ( Credit Bureau Name) must remove them at this time, as further damages to me by ( Credit Bureau Name) relaying of uncertified records will be dealt with appropriately.

Sincerely,

(Your Name)
    mr.yet Posts: 1,725, Reputation: 176
    Ultra Member

Aug 25, 2006, 05:30 AM
    Sending the Credit Bureau this letter, also include a copy of the original request to them. Follow the instrustions in the letter for the rest to send to them. You should receive a prompt reply.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer not responding [ 2 Answers ]

Hello! I'm trying to switch on my PC but it just beeps and nothing is displayed. Please help me to get it working

Iexplore not responding [ 6 Answers ]

For about a month now, my computer will not open any internet explorer page unless I go via control panel, recycle bin or my docs and put the address in the bar. When I try to open a shortcut on it's own, computer freezes, so I do control, alt, delete and it says iexplore not responding, so I end...

Iexplore not responding [ 6 Answers ]

For about a month now, my computer will not open any internet explorer page unless I go via control panel, recycle bin or my docs and put the address in the bar. When I try to open a shortcut on it's own, computer freezes, so I do control, alt, delete and it says iexplore not responding, so I end...

Credit bureau monitoring [ 1 Answers ]

There is none to my knowledge. If you give me your state, I can tell you which bureau is focused on. In CO, its Experian. In my, it is TransUnion. The best I have seen is the ID Theft Shield. I have never seen a comprehensive program that covers a WHOLE HOUSEHOLD for $9.95 a month...

View more questions Search