Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Juscrago Posts: 16, Reputation: 3

Jan 8, 2009, 10:41 AM
    Just got a court summons, will debt collector work with me?
    The debt is under 9,000. The thing I found odd was on the very last page was the contact info for the debt collector and even a website where I could make a payment. I would THINK that wouldn't be there if they really wanted me in court to go through with all this. Do you think I can contact the debt collector and make arrangements to stay out of court?
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Jan 8, 2009, 11:46 AM

Before doing anything else, call the courthouse that's listed on the paperwork to find out if there has actually been a suit filed against you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Court Summons from Debt Collector [ 14 Answers ]

On Friday, I received a court summons "to answer a complaint from a debt collector" within 30 days. My situation: I have a lot of past due debt, sitting in collection agencies, as a result of a expensive divorce, etc. I am self-employed, have no assets, no house, and live on cash. I don't get a...

Debt Court Summons -- If I pay in full, can I avoid court? [ 5 Answers ]

I realize a lot of people post questions regarding debt summons and I've scrolled through the boards but I haven't found a clear answer to a few of my queries. Here's what happened: I was today presented (they slid it under my door) with a summons to appear in court. I'm being sued by Capital One...

Anyone won in court vs Debt collector? [ 9 Answers ]

Is anyone out there actually won the case defending against credit card debt collector? I've read many posts on this site and have not found any posting regards to winning their case. I just wonder how well the steps that discussed here are working or worked for anybody...

Am I legally obligated to work with a debt collector ? [ 1 Answers ]

I received a letter in the mail today from a debt collector in regards to a medical Bill. I had called the original creditor in November of 2004 explianing that because of overwheling medical debts I was unable to make payments at this time. I then sent another letter in March of 2005 stating...

View more questions Search