Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Perugina Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2007, 09:52 AM
    What percentage of my salary can my employer garnish for a credit card debt?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jul 10, 2007, 11:11 AM
    Here's a listing of the maximums for each state:
    State wage garnishment and attachment rules

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Credit and garnishments [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a limit on how many creditors can garnishment your pay check ? And is there a % they can take ? I live in New York and have many creditors wanting money

Garnishments and signer only [ 1 Answers ]

I received a garnishment on a customer and the accounts they are on show this person as a signer on the account. Am I able to take funds if they are a signer only or do they have to be an owner on the account?

Bank garnishments [ 1 Answers ]

Before I met my husband 6 years ago, he owed a company some money for a credit card. They went through a lawyer. We made a payment arrangement but was unable to pay them for a few months. Now the lawyers garnished our bank account and took every single penny we had. Is that legal? Now we have...

Enforcing garnishments? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello- I am new to a law office. We recently won judgment for garnishment in a rent & possession in the St. Louis, MO area. However, the Defendant is part owner of his business, and not only is he intercepting our attempts via mail, he also answers the phone refuses to deal with our office. ...

View more questions Search