I have an 10 year old credit card judgement on my credit report. I never responded to any of the collection calls, nor did I go to court to fight the judgement. It happened at the time I was divorcing and I just didn't handle it well.
I recently contacted the law firm handling the judgement, wanting to try to settle. They informed me the judgement allowed for interest, and now what was a 5,000 debt is now a 12,000 debt. And the law firm will not waive any of the interest. I would really like to take care of this now that I am making a little bit of money, but I can't afford 12,000. I am a single mother, never been able to collect child support, things are tight. How can I get the law firm to work with me and waive the interest?