Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sugarman902's Avatar
    sugarman902 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member
     
    #1

    Apr 1, 2015, 02:36 PM
    Chapter 13 bankruptcy
    At this time we meet the means test in Texas to file chapter 13. I am sure that our income will increase and we will be over the means limit for Texas in a few sort weeks! Should we file or not? We have 56 thousand in medical bills
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7691
    Expert
     
    #2

    Apr 2, 2015, 03:11 AM
    I will believe that even if you file now, you also will have to include any notice of known future changes in money. Also Chapter 13 payments are income based and any changes of income will have to be told to the courts.

    I would ask, why not Chapter 7, if most debts are medical bills.

    Under Chapter 13, you will be put on a very strict budget to allow repayment of as much debt as possible.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

 

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.


Check out some similar questions!

During chapter 13 bankruptcy receive inheritance, opt out of bankruptcy and pay off? [ 3 Answers ]

I am six months into a chapter 13 bankruptcy and I have received an inheritance. My bankruptcy is about 60% payout of my total debt of $90K. My inheritance is about 50% of what I owe. Should I opt out of the bankruptcy and try to negotiate with the credit card companies for a payoff for about 50%...

Bankruptcy chapter 13 [ 1 Answers ]

Can you drop out of bankruptcy chapter 13 on your own and make arrangement with the debtor to pay them

Chapter 13 Bankruptcy [ 1 Answers ]

Can I contribute to my 401K after filing Chapter 13 bankrupcty?

Bankruptcy (Chapter 7) Do it yourself? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello all, newbie here. Here's my 'story' and I have several questions... I am a single mom with a ton of debt. Thankfully, NONE of this is credit cards or the like. It is 80% medical bills, and the other 20% is unpaid utilities and bank fees from overdraft accounts. I have called several of...


View more questions Search