Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    financeknowhow Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Oct 17, 2011, 09:17 PM
    Wire transfer to US through a third party
    My parents transferred money to my personal account from Asia through an local agent to US amount to buy a house. The amount of money is $500k. We used a local agent to transfer the money from a third country, because the local government does not want to transfer the money out of the country. Is there any problem with US bank, with IRS? We are not US citizen.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Oct 17, 2011, 09:31 PM
    Amounts over 100K must be reported on form 3520 to the IRS at tax time, even though there will be no tax for a family gift. You will have other tax concerns and might want to see a tax consultant before you go too far into this (and you don't say whose name the house will be in). You will of course have a lawyer handle the purchase of a house and can get some help then regarding next year's filing, but a real estate lawyer may not know all the fine details of income taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wire transfer from abroad to US [ 3 Answers ]

I want to purchase propery in US and my dad (who lives in another country) wants to help by sending me some money (assuming 50K to 100K). How can I go about achieving this

Wire transfer to US through a third party [ 0 Answers ]

My parents transferred money to my personal account from Asia through an local agent to US amount to buy a house. The amount of money is $500k. We used a local agent to transfer the money from a third country, because the local government does not want to transfer the money out of the country. Is...

Can we transfer 40K from Brazil.. via wire transfer? [ 2 Answers ]

My wife's sister in Brazil needs to send her portion of a property that was sold... can she wire transfer the amount of $40K to her American Bank account... are there anything or conditions that we need to know?

Transfer loan to another party [ 4 Answers ]

Were advised to purchase a property in name only in order to be able to purchase another house, the property went to mortgagee sale due to people not being able to meet their mortgage payments, the house was sold and there is now a $100K shortfall - and is stuck because have a commitment paying...

View more questions Search