Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Zahi1981 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2011, 05:59 PM
    IRS hold on the student visa transferred money overseas?
    I have F1 visa, and I transferred money above $10K overseas. It seems that IRS hold the money since then.. The Bank has no information in regard where is the money! What should I do
    taxesforaliens Posts: 649, Reputation: 117

Oct 9, 2011, 06:45 PM
    Why would the IRS hold the money? How did you transfer the money?

Oct 9, 2011, 09:52 PM
    I transferred it a while ago to my familly overseas through my bank account bank... they supposed to received it 10 days after but they didn't! When we go to the bank to ask they told us that that they transferred it but the IRS might hold it and the only reason might that I didn't fill and submit the tax waiver form for the student visa because I transferred more than $10K!

It happened to me before but the money came back to my account couple months later.. but it is now more than a year and a half!

What should I do?

Nov 14, 2011, 11:50 PM
    Is there anything I can do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

IRS rules on transfer of money to overseas? [ 10 Answers ]

SUBJECT : re: FBAR a/c & Transferring money to native country from US I am working in US & am not a citizen/permanent resident. 1. Is there any restrictions on how much money can I send to my parents who are not US residents & not US citizens living in the foreign country to their personal...

Can the bank hold your money when you have not paid your visa card [ 3 Answers ]

Can the bank that I deal with hold my money in my account if I did not pay my visa card in three months

Can IRS take student loan money [ 1 Answers ]

I owe back taxes. I am a full time student. My only income is Montgomery GI bill money, which is not taxable and student loans. Can the IRS take this money?

F1 visa filled 1040 instead 1040NR .how to get money back to IRS? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am worried because I used turbotax and I think I filled 1040 but as I am f1 student I think I had to fille the 1040 NR. Today I received my return and it was 300 over because of the stimulus and 400 more because the earned incoming credit. Also I received the amount that appears in the w2. ...

F1 visa filled 1040 instead 1040NR .how to get money back to IRS? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am worried because I used turbotax and I think I filled 1040 but as I am f1 student I think I had to fille the 1040 NR. Today I received my return and it was 300 over because of the stimulus and 400 more because the earned incoming credit. Also I received the amount that appears in the w2. ...

View more questions Search