Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    maryk53 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 03:27 PM
    Take money from my checking account
    My wife is filing for single bankruptcy I am not on any of the accounts but I have paid some of them using my bank account number electronically she is not on my bank account. Can her creditors attack my banking account that is only in my name since I have used it before to pay some of the bills. She talked to them once and they said they know the banking account number she told them the account was not hers.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Mar 23, 2009, 03:46 PM

So change banks, but generally if her name isn't on it they shouldn't be able to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Checking account [ 3 Answers ]

My name is olga and I recently deposited a check through the atm at usbank (the bank I bank with) and yesterday when I called to check my account I was told that my account was on a hold and that I had to contact the fraud department. Why could that be the banker told me that he didn't know why....

Joint checking account money [ 1 Answers ]

My grandmother died on feb.5th 2008. She already transferred her property to my father before she died. Her checking account was a joint one with a friend of the family and her caregiver. The friend|caregiver never put any money in the account or used the account. My question is the money in the...

Can a creditor just take money from your checking account? [ 2 Answers ]

We just learned an old debt (over 7 years old) just took all our money from our checking account! What can we do? Can they do this? Nobody notified us...

Money taken from my checking account without notification [ 1 Answers ]

I had a credit card a few years ago that went into collections. I attempted a few times to make payment arrangements with this company but the company always refused my offer. After at least a year going by I finally received papers stating that the credit card company turned the account over to an...

Bad checking account [ 1 Answers ]

I had an bank account that was closed by the bank, however the balance that was owe was not a valid balance. Because I had fraud on my account and I advised the bank of this. They temp closed the account, but opened it back up after the investigation. A charge came threw on my account and I told...

View more questions Search