Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lanegetrich Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 14, 2009, 03:09 PM
    Offshore Accounts
    What I want to know is if you file for bankruptcy, and did cash advances that are less then 70 days, can the creditors get a judgment to have your offshore account levied.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 14, 2009, 03:16 PM
    Basically yes.
    They will try and trace anything you have a financial connection with.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 15, 2009, 08:08 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanegetrich View Post
    if you file for bankruptcy, and did cash advances that are less then 70 days, can the creditors get a judgment to have your offshore account levied.
    Hello lane:

They're going to need a judgment first. If you filed for bk here in the US, then they can't get a judgment here... But, they MAY be able to sue you in the country where you have your account and win there.

It's a REAL interesting question..

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Offshore Inheritance [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a Calif. US resident with UK citizenship. I'm receiving $20k inheritance in the UK. Should I keep it offshore? If so, in what type of a/c? Looking for the best way to manage funds.

Offshore account [ 3 Answers ]

Hey new to your ask me site but I love it Here my question I live in nj I owe about 10000 in debt they granished my wages and levy my bank acount I taked to the creditor and they want a lump sum of 8000 I'm fine with that but I need an account to save up in . Can they get my money if I put...

Tax and Offshore Company L-1 Visa [ 7 Answers ]

Hi Experts, I will be relocating to Texas on a L-1 Visa with my wife. I will have 162K Yearly so I guess my Tax declaration will be extremely high. Is there any legal way to minimize the taxes considering the Company is a multinational and they can pay me from any place to any place? (They have...

Inheritance taxed offshore? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a Calif. US resident with UK citizenship. I'm inheriting $20k in the UK. Will it be taxed if I deposit it here in CA? If so, will it be taxed if I keep it in the UK or elsewhere offshore? Looking for best way to manage funds.

View more questions Search