Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    debora46's Avatar
    debora46 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jul 7, 2017, 02:35 PM
    Savings account frozen through child support office
    My savings account was frozen with a lien from the Attorney General child support office. My sons name is on my account but it's my account not his. They have frozen my money in that account.
    smoothy's Avatar
    smoothy Posts: 25,495, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

    Jul 7, 2017, 04:48 PM
    His name was on the account... legally they can do it. Any account with his name he has access to and legally he is co-owner of.

    You have to prove that he made no contributions to it to their satisfaction. Then MAYBE they will release it. But that will take time.
    talaniman's Avatar
    talaniman Posts: 54,328, Reputation: 10855

    Jul 7, 2017, 05:18 PM
    They can remove the lien once you negotiate some kind of terms for repayment, of your child support obligations. I would call them and set upan appointment. Doing nothing gains you nothing, and the account remains frozen and unusable.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Form 8938 - savings account interest from foreign savings account [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings. I already report a foreign savings account on the FBAR but I am not sure where to report interest from this account. Do I need to include this account in my form 8938 as well? What form should I use to report the interest? I am especially confused because the interest is already taxed in...

Freeze on both my savings and checking account due to Child Support [ 6 Answers ]

I recently had a freeze put on both my savings and checking accounts due to child support. I adopted my ex-wife's children when they were 2 yrs of age and she has not allowed me to see them whatsoever since I re-located to try and find a job (being that the economy has been in such a horrid state...

Child Support Levy On My Savings Account, How Could This Happen? [ 2 Answers ]

I woke up this morning and noticed that $3,600 was missing from my savinings account that my wife and I share. We are in the process of moving so we have been saving to do this. I have always paid and have never been late on payments. I'm sure your wondering why I have a balance to owe then. ...

If I owe how can I not have my account frozen and still pay support [ 2 Answers ]

Thank you for your answer I realize that I have neglected my chid support payments in fact I have a good reason as to why I have not the point though my question is how can I have a bank account and they will not freeze it and I still make PAYMENTS towards my child support that way I will have my...

View more questions Search