Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
    sohooo's Avatar
    sohooo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 27, 2011, 08:53 PM
    Internaitonal money being wired into California bank account
    Hi there. I have a few questions about international wireless transfers... How do you transfer inherited money from an international account to a bank in California, Ca. Can you just give your bank account number and international routing number? It may be around $150,000. Does it get taxed? Does it need to be reported? Is there another form one would need to fill out when doing taxes next year? I just want to make sure it is done the right way.
    Fr_Chuck's Avatar
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,305, Reputation: 7692

    Jun 28, 2011, 05:44 AM

    First and sorry to ask, are you sure you inherited the money, You know the person who died, have gotten paper work from the attorney and know exactly what is going on.

    I say this, since this is a version of a very old scam. Where they send you a letter or email saying you inherited money and they are going to transfer it to you.

    In some cases they ask for a fee, in others they want to wire the money to you. When you give them your bank account info, they do the reverse and take every penny out of your account.
    sohooo's Avatar
    sohooo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1
    New Member

    Jun 28, 2011, 07:34 AM
    Comment on Fr_Chuck's post
    HI. Yes, land is being sold that belonged to my grandmother. I haven't seen paperwork yet, but I know it's there. I just want to make sure it is brought here the right way. Do you know how it works? Thanks.
    twinkiedooter's Avatar
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

    Jul 20, 2011, 03:15 PM

    You give the attorney who is sending you the money your bank account number and the bank's federal routing number. And yes, you must report this money as this is inherited funds. Had it been an insurance pay off for death benefits, then no. But this is not the case here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions


Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My bank account got red flag I need my money who can I call for the bank to relase it [ 6 Answers ]

I have a over sea investment account that I have had for many years now. I am in some financial problem and need to liquidate that account. It a very large some of money. I got the account wire transfer to my bank account. I knew the bank would red flag it because of the large amount but now it...

California Bank Levy Joint Bank Account [ 8 Answers ]

My wife was issued a judgement prior to our marriage in Aug 2002. She ignored the original judgement letter being young and carefree and never went to court or tried to appeal. In Oct 2008 a bank levy removed $3,500 from our joint bank account. All of the deposits in this account were made by my...

Levy on Bank account in California [ 6 Answers ]

Hello all, We received notice that the sheriff was to levy our property... "for monies on deposit at Washington Mutual Bank"... I closed my checking account there... but I have a mortgage payment due them each month. Can they levy my payment to the mortgage company? I would not think that...

Can a credit card company freeze my bank account? (In California) [ 4 Answers ]

I currently have a credit card that is overdue but has not gone to a collection agency and has not become a judgement (yet) and this credit card company has recently merged with my bank. I did not receive any notices, but they have frozen my bank account and have charged me a processing fee of...

View more questions Search