Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    withhope2010 Posts: 47, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2011, 07:50 AM
    PORTABLE DESKTOP FANS - how to know which is the coolest
    RE: Purchasing a PORTABLE DESKTOP FAN - Can anyone inform me of any well made brands that are the absolute coolest ones? I feel confused as to knowing what actual makes one fan cooler than another fan... is it the size of the blades? Or if they describe them as hi velocity, or the speeds, or I.e. Vornado air circulator, versus a personal fan, or..!
    I would greatly appreciate any information, explanation which is simple as I wish to purchase a small portable desktop fan which is, most importantly, able to blow the coolest air, but I am feeling overwhelmed unable to distinguish between the models and what they claim to do... help please! Thanks!
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Sep 4, 2011, 09:31 AM
    These are pretty cool:
    Dyson Air Multiplier? bladeless fan | Dyson.com
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Sep 4, 2011, 03:03 PM
    Just so you know, fans do not make the air cooler. So any fan that claims to do so is lying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Coolest President Ever. [ 294 Answers ]

From the Boston Globe. I had no idea that being cool was a requirement for the Presidency. I had no idea that the "COOL FACTOR" was such an important factor in national politics. And here I thought that a President was supposed to be a leader, a decision-maker, and was supposed to promote...

Portable DVD player - portable battery [ 3 Answers ]

We're getting ready to take a long trip (air mostly) with the kids, and have purchased two Sony FX810's for their use. The battery's are new, and in good shape, I let them each use the players ONE day to see how long the life was, and we got about 2 1/2 moves out of them - or roughly 5 hours as...

Portable generator [ 2 Answers ]

QUOTE=tkrussell]The 100 volts is a bit low. Electrical device operate on +/- 10% , so the lowest volts supplied should be no lower than 108 volts. Incandescent lamps and electric heat will work fine on 100 volts. But any motors may overheat using 100 volts. Volts is usually changed on the...

View more questions Search