Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    saguthar Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2010, 02:45 AM
    Please Help To Identify Artist for this Oil Painting
    Could someone help to identify the artist of this oil painting.
    The signature look like :Hurst?
    Thanks
    Attached Images

chef_chick Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Aug 20, 2010, 02:57 AM

I am sorry, I have no idea but I will search the web for you, it is beautiful. Sorry.

Aug 20, 2010, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by chef_chick View Post
    I am sorry, I have no idea but I will search the web for you, it is beautiful. Sorry.
    Thanks... I guess the signature is for "Robert Hurst" but I can not confirm this and also can not confirm who is he. :confused:
    JayGideon Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 23, 2010, 05:13 PM

Unfortunately the painting, although it well done, is a type that is often done by the dozen in "painting factories". It doesn't mean that it's not good -- just that the artist may have painted this particular painting for the mass market. The artist may have painted this dozens or more times. Typically furniture stores deal in this type of painting. The signature is more than likely actually the artist's name. However, there may be lots of "Hurst" paintings exactly like yours. Like all paintings it is worth exactly what someone will pay for it.

Aug 23, 2010, 06:39 PM

Thanks for the comments..
    chef_chick Posts: 32, Reputation: 3

Aug 24, 2010, 02:31 AM

OK, I am searching now but I don't know... soz.
    Dave Sexton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2012, 05:20 AM
    I have a painting with that same artist but is of a bay scene, signed exactly the same way.

Aug 26, 2012, 07:26 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sexton View Post
    I have a painting with that same artist but is of a bay scene, signed exactly the same way.
    Oh really? Where did you bought it? :D
    fmorto Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2013, 02:49 PM
    I have a painting that has a similar scene and the same Hurst signature. Bought at a local art sale some 30+ years ago. We are in the Niagara region, Canadian side.
    fmorto Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2013, 02:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by JayGideon View Post
    Unfortunately the painting, although it well done, is a type that is often done by the dozen in "painting factories". It doesn't mean that it's not good -- just that the artist may have painted this particular painting for the mass market. The artist may have painted this dozens or more times. Typically furniture stores deal in this type of painting. The signature is more than likely actually the artist's name. However, there may be lots of "Hurst" paintings exactly like yours. Like all paintings it is worth exactly what someone will pay for it.
    Is this fact or your guess?

Feb 17, 2013, 06:33 PM
    Thank you fmorto for kind reply.
    Would you be possible to post your painting? I am quite interested.
    Thanks in advance :)

Quote Originally Posted by fmorto View Post
    I have a painting that has a similar scene and the same Hurst signature. Bought at a local art sale some 30+ years ago. We are in the Niagara region, Canadian side.

Feb 17, 2013, 06:36 PM
    Hello Dave, would you be able to post your painting here?
    Thank you so much for your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sexton View Post
    szirngibl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 28, 2016, 02:48 PM
    I have a similar painting brought from germany by grandparents in the 1940s signed by the same artist but cannot find any history on the artist I am going to have it appraised

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Identify Avante Studios and/or Artist Signature - Oil Painting [ 8 Answers ]

This oil painting endorsed on the back as Avante Studios, Inc. is a mystery to me. From what I know, my parents acquired it in the 60s, and as you see, the subject matter definitely embodies the owl craze of the era. Can anyone help identify the studio, artist, or value? Any information is...

Original oil painting signed Calderon? Please help identify artist. Thank you. [ 0 Answers ]

Hello, I have in my possession an original oil painting signed what looks like Calderon. The painting depicts a nun and a clown in a row boat, the clown is rowing the wrong way, this painting was bought at auction 18 years ago for $2000. I cannot find any information on this painting and think...

Identify Painting Name and Artist - Oil Painting - Rabbi with shtreimel [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am looking to identify the Artist's name and Painting name of this Rabbi with a shtreimel (fur rimmed cap) Is is in oil, was framed in the 70's in Winnipeg, MB. Canada. Was told a tale that the Painter was Polish in origin, and went blind, this being his last painting. Photos we...

Identify an artist signature on oil painting [ 1 Answers ]

I bought a small seascape oil painting from Cornwall about 20 years ago in LOOE. The artist has signed the painting and it looks life Schubert. I tried to upload a picture but did not have the icons available to do it. Does anyone recognise the artist? Thanks

View more questions Search