Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clockwork2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 07:06 AM
    Old oil painting signed s.martin.portrait,biblical.
    I have a really old oil painting.belonged to my grandfather,Im 53 now so its time to find out who panted this portrait, looks like jesus or moses ,signed by s. martin with a celtic cross above signature.grandfather said it was painted by a blind visionary.can you help please.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Mar 20, 2009, 12:35 AM

Hi, clockwork2008!

Would it be possible for you to post an image of what you have here? We don't guarantee results, but we can try!

Thanks!
    clockwork2008 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 20, 2009, 11:54 AM
    [QUOTE=clockwork2008;1604248]I have a really old oil painting.belonged to my grandfather,Im 53 now so its time to find out who panted this portrait, looks like jesus or moses ,signed by s. martin with a celtic cross above signature.grandfather said it was painted by a blind visionary.can you help please.
    Attached Images

stilllearning2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 5, 2009, 07:34 AM

IMVHO Very unlikely that a blind person painted it. Blind persons have created interesting paintings but a blind person wouldn't have gotten that nice inspired gaze right:).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have an old but perfect condition "Pisani" signed oil painting. It is a 24x36 size. [ 13 Answers ]

My "Pisani" oil painting is 24x36 in size. I have been intrigued by this painting and would like some information on the artist and the title. I would be grateful foryour help or direction.

Need to know who signed this painting? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband got this painting from his father in 2000. His father bought it at an estate sale around 1985. All I know is that it is oil painting and it is on canvas and the signature start with the letter R. The painting is a 60x48. It was in a wood frame at one time and it also has a number on...

Biblical Christianity [ 58 Answers ]

Well, this is my third time trying to ask a question. The first two times, my question was deleted and I have no idea why. When posters here quote the Bible as a proof source for the Bible, how do they reconcile the non-logical and non-rational business of proving the Bible from the Bible? ...

Elephant's self portrait [ 5 Answers ]

I saw an elephant painting a self portrait on you tube. The elephant was painting with style and flair. Can't believe my eyes, can this really be or is it a trick?

View more questions Search