Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sweetsorrow Posts: 33, Reputation: 7

Apr 19, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Yummy Recipe
    Hi all,

So, mothers day is coming up (I know it's still a few weeks away, but I love mothers day because I love spoiling my mum:p) I had the idea to make her some sort of yummy treat. I've made her cakes and biscuits before so this time I was thinking of maybe making her some sort of slice. The thing is... I got nothing...

I've searched endless amounts of recipes but nothing has jumped out at me, I'm being picky because its important to me that this is perfect. I've tried asking her what her favourite sort of dessert flavour is, to get an idea, but my mum is one of those... indecisive types :rolleyes: so that wasn't much help

So I was hoping that anyone and everyone would be able to give me some good ideas for slice recipes or if not that even some of you're favourite desserts/sweets in general. The help would be fantastic. I think I should also mention that my mum doesn't like really sweet things and she doesn't like chocolate (:eek: weirdo... haha only jokin)

Thanks in advance to anyone who helps me get some ideas

Peace and Love :D
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Apr 19, 2008, 08:39 PM
    Try this... I found it easy and yummy...

Caramel-Walnut Cheesecake Bars

Ingredients:

1 cup walnut or pecan pieces, divided
    1 1/2 cup crushed vanilla wafers
    1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, melted
    4 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 cup sour cream
    3 Tablespoons flour
    1 Tablespoon vanilla
    4 eggs
    24 caramels pieces
    1 Tablespoon water
    3 squares semi-sweet baking chocolate

Preparation:

Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan. Remove 1/2 cup of the walnuts/pecans; set aside. Finely chop remaining walnuts/pecans. Mix wafer crumbs, chopped walnuts/pecans and butter. Press firmly onto bottom of prepared pan. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Beat cream cheese and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Add sour cream, flour and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each addition just until blended. Pour over crust.

Bake 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool completely. Place caramels in microwaveable bowl. Add water. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute or until caramels are completely melted when stirred. Pour over cheesecake; top with reserved walnuts/pecans. Melt chocolate as directed on package; drizzle over cheesecake. Refrigerate at least 4 hours. Use foil handles to remove cheesecake from pan before cutting into pieces to serve. Store any leftovers in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

Makes 32 servings

Enjoy! :)
    Izannah Posts: 125, Reputation: 18

Apr 19, 2008, 09:23 PM
    What exactly is "slice?"
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 21, 2008, 07:47 PM
    This is really rich chocolate
    Howstuffworks "Double Chocolate Bombe"

Double Chocolate Bombe
    By the Editors of Easy Home Cooking Magazine

Yield: Makes about 8 servings
    Ingredients:
    5 egg yolks

1 envelope unflavored gelatin

1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips

1/4 teaspoon salt

1/3 cup sugar

1-1/2 cups whipping cream, divided

Chocolate Cake (recipe follows)

1 white chocolate baking bar (2 ounces) for drizzling

White Chocolate Cut-Outs (recipe follows) for garnish

Preparation:
    1. Line 2-quart bowl with plastic wrap; lightly oil.

2. Place egg yolks and 1/2 cup whipping cream in small bowl; beat slightly with fork. Sprinkle gelatin over egg yolk mixture. Let stand without stirring 5 minutes to soften.

3. Melt chocolate chips in top of double boiler over hot, not boiling, water. Stir about 1/2 cup melted chocolate into egg yolk mixture. Stir egg yolk mixture back into remaining chocolate in top of double boiler. Continue to heat until gelatin is completely dissolved.

4. Beat egg whites and salt in clean large bowl with electric mixer at high speed until foamy. Gradually beat in sugar until stiff peaks form. (After beaters are lifted from egg white mixture, stiff peaks should remain on top, and when bowl is tilted, mixture will not slide around.) Fold chocolate mixture into egg white mixture with rubber spatula.

5. Beat whipping cream until soft peaks form; fold into chocolate mixture. Pour into prepared bowl. Cover and refrigerate 4 hours.

6. Prepare Chocolate Cake and White Chocolate Cut-Outs.

7. Place cake on serving plate. Unmold mousse onto cake. Remove plastic wrap. Trim edge of cake around mousse, if necessary.

8. Place white chocolate baking bar in small resealable freezer bag. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 2 minutes. Turn bag over; microwave on MEDIUM 2 to 3 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Knead bag until chocolate is smooth. Cut off very tiny corner of bag; drizzle chocolate over mousse. Refrigerate until white chocolate is set, about 30 minutes. Garnish, if desired.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need recipe [ 2 Answers ]

Back in the early 70's I frequented a restaurant in San Francisco called "The Hippopatamus Burger". They had a desert that was to die for. It consisted of a battered deep fried banana section with a dip or two of vanilla ice cream and a sauce poured over the top. The sauce was the key...

Yummy temptations [ 4 Answers ]

I might be too young to go on a diet, but I still want to loose weight. I am so tempted by everything around me like chocolate and today I even baked cookies and cupcakes. I play soccer which helps but I just do not want to be tempted anyone and know when I should stop eating. Any suggestions/

Recipe Trade: Here's my MarsBar Cheesecake Recipe (A real winner!) [ 1 Answers ]

From My Family Kitchen to Yours.. Want to trade a tried and tested family favorite? Here's one from my kitchen.. MarsBar Cheesecake, perfect for a Special Birthday - Sure to put a smile on that Birthday Persons dile:) This recipe is for a LARGE Cake - if you are catering for a smaller...

Looking for a recipe. [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. We're looking for a cabbage recipe that we once had that was made with shredded cabbage, farmer's cheese, and some other ingredients. It was made in a frying pan and was very much like a pierogi filling. Does anyone have any idea how to make this recipe? Thanks. Dave.

French Style Hot Cocoa... oh so yummy! [ 3 Answers ]

I found this EXCELLENT hot cocoa recipe and just had to share it with you all. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do! :) 1-4oz bar of Ghirardelli bittersweet baking chocolate 4 cups of whole milk 3/4 to 1 cup of either half & half or whipping cream 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon...

View more questions Search