Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cobaltcole Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 12, 2007, 01:14 PM
    original number 01 boyer etching sighned in pencil
    I have a Original Boyer etching, through the paris etching society, this etching is sighned in pencil, title is also sighned in pencil-naus la villi, is marked as number 01. Would like to know boyers first name, believe this to be very early date as late 1920's or early 1930's in mint condition. Any one might know the value of this item or where I could research to find out. Have searched a lot of sites and cannot pin the value down , but have reason to believe this might range in the 5 figure price. Any help is greatly appericated.

Thank you
    mel
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Nov 14, 2007, 02:39 PM
    Here's my usual C&P on this subject:

Quote Originally Posted by PES
    One of the best resources that I have found concerning Paris Etching Society is from Google answers, located HERE.
    The response from scriptor-ga is very insightful.

Basically PES was set up by Sidney Z. Lucas, hence the SZL mark. He owned a printshop in New York in the years 1940 to 1960 where He
    produced a large number of prints after old etchings.
    Generally, prints by Mr. Lucas seem not to reach very high prices.
    At the end of the day they look nice, but that's about it.
    Most of what is talked about them is from people "boiler rooming" the price on the supposed French history.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Paris Etching Society- Boyer [ 21 Answers ]

I purchased at an antique auction a Boyer print entitled "The Entrance". The number on the label on the back of the print is #11. The label states that this is an original etching and carries the SZL identification on the lower left front of the print. The left top of the front side of the print...

Paris etching society NY USA - Picture by Boyer [ 1 Answers ]

I inherited a picture sighed by Boyer in pencil in the right bottom corner. It is a letter-sized picture with # 201 in the left bottom corner and a writing in pencil that says something like"Pairs la Vallie". It depicts a church or cottage in the background and a river with the cobbled bridge over...

Boyer etching [ 2 Answers ]

Someone gave me an etching by an artist named Boyer. Upper right hand corner of the front side shows a copyright 1936 Camille Lucas (sp?) NY-USA. The bottom left shows handwritten in pencil the words in French "Souse l'ecluse" (under the canal.) On the bottom right of the print is the Boyer...

Original Etching SZL artiste Pilippe [ 2 Answers ]

I have two etchings for this artist - but I only know his last name is Philippe. These are certified Original Etchings with the SLZ Triangle Trade Mark. I also am not able to read the titles very well - possibly it says "Vierny Fignoures" and "Pirgnou Janiene" - obviously in French, but not easy...

Two Arches an Original French Etching [ 1 Answers ]

Well from what I am seeing this may be a dead end but what the heck... I have a few details that no one has mentioned that may make the difference... may not. I have an SZL Triangle original etching of Cartier, Two Arches... created in pencil and water color on brown paper and signed in pencil. I...

View more questions Search