Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    yungathrt Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 5, 2007, 03:42 PM
    Understanding prints with "copyrighted by Camilla Lucas"?
    I have two "prints" by artist Andre Raffray and they each have "copyrighted by Camilla Lucas, 1936":confused: . Plus they have an upside-down triangle with the initials SLL. They are signed by the artist & there is a "description name" that I cannot make out - all in pencil. I'm totally new to all of this and would appreciate any help in shedding a light on what all of this means. Thank you so very much!
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 9, 2007, 10:31 PM
    Here's my usual C&P on this subject:

Quote Originally Posted by PES
    One of the best resources that I have found concerning Paris Etching Society is from Google answers, located HERE.
    The response from scriptor-ga is very insightful.

Basically PES was set up by Sidney Z. Lucas, hence the SZL mark. He owned a printshop in New York in the years 1940 to 1960 where He
    produced a large number of prints after old etchings.
    Generally, prints by Mr. Lucas seem not to reach very high prices.
    At the end of the day they look nice, but that's about it.
    Most of what is talked about them is from people "boiler rooming" the price on the supposed French history.

I hope this helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fan Blower not working in "ON" or "AUTO" in heat or AC [ 13 Answers ]

Got home from the Brewer game this afternoon and noticed the house was warm(78). Outside was 91. I checked the T-stat and it was set correct. Noticed the air vents weren't blowing anything. Went outside and the condenser and fan was running fine. Then I went downstairs to the furnace unit to see...

Can not "copy", "paste" and "cut" ! [ 2 Answers ]

Last week, my laptop was infected by virus, I sent for repair. After that, I couldn't find "copy" and "cut", and"paste" is in grey colour ! What have to do to have them back ? Can someone help ? Thanks in advance !

French prints by Raffray Copyright Camilla Lucas 1936 [ 1 Answers ]

My Grandmother left me 2 prints by Raffray, Copyright 1936 by Camilla Lucas Ny Usa.Both appear to be watercolors of French Country Scenes. One is titled sous e' eluse. Can you give me any information about them and is there any value? Thank you.

My Cursor prints out the word "MARK" [ 8 Answers ]

This is a recent problem I have encountered. I am running IE6 WinXP Home. Lately, if I go to a website and say, click on a search button with my cursor, where I click the cursor will automatically print out in small blue letters the word "MARK" (w/o quotes of course). This does NOT prevent me...

View more questions Search