Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jd080386 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 11, 2008, 02:11 PM
    I want to know the artist of a painting
    I have been trying to remember the name of the painting/artist I saw at MOMA in nyc for about 4 years now. It's driving me crazy because I want to see this particular painting again and try to buy a print of it. All I remember is that the painting was colorful, had some kind of waterfall and a women (?) on the right (?) hand side of the frame. The last name of the artist started with an O, and it's a modern painting (obviously). I am not an art expert at alll but I was so intrigued and inspired by this painting and I have been searching for the artist, more of his/her works, and especially the painting that I saw that day at the museum because it had moved me like no other painting I had ever seen. PLEASE HELP IN ANY WAY YOU CAN. It's driving me crazzzzyyy!:mad:
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Dec 11, 2008, 05:10 PM

Have you tried going to their site and searching for it? If it is not online have you tried calling them? Had it been the Metropolican Museum of Art I could possibly help but not the MOMA. Sorry.
    happy2003 Posts: 43, Reputation: 8

Dec 15, 2008, 02:56 PM

The MoMA has their catalog online.

MoMA.org | The Collection

You can search by artist...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Painting/artist identification [ 2 Answers ]

I inherited these three paintings recently. Has anyone ever seen similar paintings or recognize this artist?

Identify painting and artist [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a painting that was passed down from my husband's grandmother. My husband is now 61. I cannot find an artist name, but it is a painting of a group of cherubs, holding hands around a tree. There are three cherubs in the tree and several dancing around the tree. Behind the tree is...

Who is this artist and is the painting worth anything? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi-I just picked up an oil on canvas from the salvation army thrift store. It is signed but I cannot make out the signature. It is in what I would call a gallery frame and there is a sticker on the frame that reads"Mayfair Gallery and Art Center, 274 Saratoga Rd. Scotia,NY Phone Sch'Dy EX 9-3306"....

Verify and Artist Painting [ 1 Answers ]

I have a very old painting titled "Edes' Mill Upper Potomac" and its signed W.G. Newton. I believe this painting may have been painted bu William Giles Newton which would date this painting to the late 1800's. How can I verify that this was painted by the artist.

View more questions Search