Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    delanc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2007, 10:18 AM
    Installing built-in Microwave over built-in walloven
    We purchased a Jenn Air built-in microwave and want to install it right above the built-in Jenn Air wall oven (so it looks like one unit, or close to that) How much space is recommended between the 2 pcs? The installation instructions are pathetic and do not say. We tired calling them and of course no one has an answer. Thank you.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 11:14 AM
    They can be mounted pretty much right on top of one another but there may be another issue. Some Jenn Air power vent through a top mounted duck. The oven may also require a setback space for air circulation. Have you checked out the space you plan for the microwave to be sure there is no obstruction? If you were mounting above a stove it should be 24". I would download JennAirs installation instructions for the oven to see what the oven requires.

Jun 6, 2007, 11:22 AM
    The micro and oven are both being mounted in a tall (floor to ceiling) pantry made specially for this type of installation. I will ck the vents when I get home. The confusing part it that 2 different salespeople told me to buy the microwave and oven separate (as opposed to buying the one-piece "combo unit") in case one of them breaks. Then we see that the micro has a big warning sticker on top with lots of do's and don'ts listed and it actually says "do not install within 2 feet of a gas oven or electric stovetop or oven". Then today I searched the internet and found installation guide (slightly different from the one we got) that says is can be installed over the following model #'s etc. etc. Very confusing. Thank you for your help!
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jun 6, 2007, 11:25 AM
    Did it say "2 feet of a gas oven " or within 2 feet of a gas stove? I think it says stove.

Jun 6, 2007, 11:31 AM
    Sorry, not sure exactly what that sticker says as I'm at work right now. But I see that the new installation guide I found today online says DO NOT BUILD IN ABOVE GAS WALL OVEN DUE TO PLACEMENT OF GAS WALL OVER VENT. Well, that's not really a factor, as we don't have gas but we were extremely concerned about the 2nd part of that sentence (on the sticker) that read something to the effect of " within 2 feet of electric stove or electric oven" I'm pretty sure it was electric oven.
    vanraalte Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2008, 07:54 AM
    Can you install a built in microwave above a gas surface top stove? If so, how much distance between the stove and microwave is required to do so? This is against a wall and already has a vent fan.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Microwave removal built in? [ 2 Answers ]

Removal of a hotpoint built in mocrowave?

Built too much muscle!? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 and 9 months ago, I quit smoking, started eating healthier, and started going to the gym. I was doing cardio and weights, but I guess I was using too much weight on my legs and butt because they got bigger instead of smaller!! How can I get my thighs and hips and butt smaller without...

Just built PC, Monitor says no! [ 3 Answers ]

I have just Upgraded (pretty heavily) my PC. It is now.. ECS PF88 Extreme Hybrid Motherboard Pentium 4 3.0Ghz with HT Processor Nvidia 6600LE Graphics card. 512mb DDR2 Ram 40GB HD When I first built it a few days ago and switched it on it said No Signal on the monitor. Then after a while...

View more questions Search