Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mdugan Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2007, 08:18 PM
    Changed Blower Motor - New one hums
    Changed blowe motor on by furnace today. After putting it back together the new is louder than the old. Never did it before. Does the squirrel cage need balancing, similar to a celing fan?
    letmetellu Posts: 3,151, Reputation: 317
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2007, 10:02 PM
    If it is a multi-speed motor make sure that you got your wires connected to the right terminals.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 07:48 AM
    Is the blower wheel very dirty?

Feb 7, 2007, 08:03 AM
    Squirrel cage was very dirty. Tried cleaning with a paint brush. Got a majority of it but not all.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2007, 04:03 PM
    I asked because a dirty wheel will cause it to be off balance, you may need detergent and water to clean the wheel, not the motor, I know I shouldn't have to say that but you just don't know :-)

Feb 8, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Thanks, I'll try this weekend.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace blower motor just hums [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Payne 'Plus 80' central heating/airconditioning forced air unit. The blower motor just hums instead of turning when either the air or heat is turned on. I notice that there's a box that appears to be a capacitor on the side of the squirrel cage blower and am not sure if the motor or the...

Blower motor [ 1 Answers ]

THere is no air blowing when the heat is on. The furnace does come on but no air blows. If I turn the heat off and manually turn the fan on the air blows. If I leave the fan switch in the on position and turn the heat on the air stops.

Blower just hums [ 1 Answers ]

My blower in my a/c unit will just hum it will work if I turn it by hand and then cut the power back on could the thermostat or a relay

Blower Motor [ 1 Answers ]

I have read multiple posts about wiring for blower motors and saw one that almost answered my question. I have an old blower motor that I would like to convert to a shop air filter. I know that it is a multi-speed motor. It has 8 wire connections and are labeled as such: Power cap cap ...

View more questions Search