Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    washingwoe Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 26, 2011, 10:53 AM
    Stocking stuck under agitator of maytag washer?
    One leg of a nylon stocking is twisted under the agitator. Any advice on how to release it?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Oct 26, 2011, 07:45 PM
    Have you tried to lift the agitator as high as you can and trying to release it? If you have a pocket mirror and a flashlight you can see how wrapped around it is. If you can't undo the stocking cut it with a knife as this will let you have some stocking to hold on to to let you gently unwrap the stocking from the bottom of the agitator. Cut an area where it is wrapped around a few times. You won't hit any wires or belts under the agitator as it is all hidden on the outside of the base of the tub.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Oct 27, 2011, 12:12 AM
    Pop off cap on top of agitator and remove nut then pull up agitator. You will be able to remove it then. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove clothes stuck under agitator on GE washer [ 4 Answers ]

How can I dislodge a pair of pants wedged under the agitator in our GE 6-cycle washer (top load)?

Maytag Washer Lower Agitator Removel [ 0 Answers ]

How do you remove the lower agitator in the Maytag Model; PAV2300AWW Washing Machine?

Maytag washer-agitator comes off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a maytag washer, Model #LAT 3600, and the agitator just lifts by itself. I don't see any screw or bolt holes anywhere. It looks like it might get set on the top of the tower, and into the bottom of the dispenser cup? Anyone know how this gets held on?

View more questions Search