Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hoffer75 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 10, 2011, 01:00 PM
    York furnace blower motor not working from tripped breaker due to flooding
    Dear Help desk I have a 1997 york 80 diamond furnace and ac forced air unit.my basemaent was flooded to appr. 3 ft high with the furnace up 6 inches off floor.The breaker for the furnace was tripped.Now my ac unit works but the blower motor and the furnace does not.Why?

Please help me.
    Thank You
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 10, 2011, 02:20 PM
    If the power was on and water got in the motor, it possibly shorted it out.
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2011, 01:40 AM
    You will have to replace the motor, capacitor, and fan relay at least. Any time water gets on the capacitor it ruins the motor. You will also need to remove the coils and clean them with alkaline coil cleaner and a pressure washer (1500 psi with fan nozzle, electric, not gasoline type). You will also need to re-insulate the air handler with foil-backed Styrofoam. [email protected]

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Furnace Blower Motor Tripping Circuit Breaker [ 0 Answers ]

I recently had the blower motor on furnace replaced and now when I flip the switch to turn it on, it immediately trips the breaker which is a 20 amp any idea what's going on?

Water heater not working due to water flooding [ 2 Answers ]

My basement in a duplex flooded and took out pilot lights for both water heaters. They are both manual igniting pilots. I was able to light one of them. The second heater is not releasing gas when I press the pilot button like the 1st one did. I don't smell any gas and the pilot is not lighting...

My furnace is force air and the blower motor do not stop working [ 1 Answers ]

Pilot works,burner too but after the burner turn off and the pilot still on the blower motor do not stop

Bryant 310aav furnace, the blower motor not working at full capacity [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Bryant 310aav furnace that recently quit blowing any air into the house, when I checked the furnace I noticed that the blower motor wasn't operating at full capacity. I also noticed that when the furnace would kick on it was way quieter in the house at the intake than normal, so I went...

View more questions Search