Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ruggnut Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2010, 12:19 PM
    Ignitor in dryer is not glowing, but when tested out of machine, it glowed
    I have a Whirlpool gas dryer with a glow ignitor that isn't glowing. I went to buy an ignitor and the man at the parts store tested my old ignitor and it glowed a bright red. He told me that the ignitor was good and I did not need to replace it. I put the ignitor back in the dryer and it still does not glow. What could be causing the ignitor not to glow if the part is good?
    JackOfAllTrades** Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 7, 2010, 09:41 AM

I'm having the same issue. I was working just fine, then it stopped. I tested the ignitor (which was just replaced 6-8mo ago) and it tested fine.
    WoodenHorse Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Mar 8, 2010, 07:45 AM

When you start the dryer, do you hear the gas coils energize (click)? If not, you probably have a bad thermal fuse or thermal cut off. There is a chance that the flame sensor is bad also.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Carrier WeatherMaker 8000 Ignitor not glowing [ 1 Answers ]

I read a post somewhere else where the ignitor did not glow. It was a result of a faulty cracked ignitor. However, I have the wonder advantage on having 2 weather Maker 8000 in my home. As a result I have swapped out all the usual suspect parts, flame sensor, ignitor, even swapped the 3 amp fuse...

Ignitor Glowing but Furnace not lighting [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I have a Goodman Gas Furnace and I live in a townhome and each townhome has it's own meter, however there is only one regulator (external) for the building. I do not know the model number. Here are my symptions: This is an intermittent problem. The ignitor glows, but the furnace does...

Glowing light coming from the back panel of dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Our Whirlpool dryer has been squeaking quite a bit lately, so I took it apart and cleaned the inside of lint and lubricated all of the moving parts. Upon starting the dryer after reassembly, the squeak was gone, but I noticed a weird smell (almost like a burning smell) and swore I saw glowing...

General Electric dryer glowing ? [ 1 Answers ]

My General Electric dryer drum glows inside ? I have a problem with it squeaking, when I pulled the door open quickly, I can see the back of the drum glowing, I am guessing this is not normal? Any ideas, ta !

Blower on and ignitor is glowing, but no gas heat [ 1 Answers ]

I have a residential Carrier model. When heat is turned on, the blower comes on and the ignitor begins to glow, but the gas heat never fires. The gas valve is definitely turned on, and our hot water heater and oven work fine with gas heat. After the ignitor glows, I can hear a hissing sound for...

View more questions Search