Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    phil cruz Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2010, 06:29 AM
    How doe you turn 3 wire 220v into 4 wire 220vShow diagram
    I have 3 (2black 1 bare) wire 220 coming out of my kitchen. How do I convert it to 4 wire for my new stove? Or do I have to run a new line from my panel?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Feb 16, 2010, 06:42 AM

Why do you need to? You can use it if you want to. The range instructions should have a wiring diagram showing both ways of wiring it.

If you need or want a 4-wire feed you MUST run a new line. You cannot "convert " it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Black wire red wire and white wire spliced to 10/3 on a 220 circuit [ 25 Answers ]

I have installed a disconnect between my dryer receptable and a tanning bed. I want to splice the 10/3 box wire to the existing 220 wiring at the dryer. Dryer= red, black, white and bare ground wires 10/3 wire= black, white, and bare ground How do I splice these to allow the disconnect box to...

I need to know the wire diagram to a 4 wire AC unit. [ 2 Answers ]

I need to know the wire diagram to a 4 wire AC unit. I replaced the thermostat and it doesn't seem to be working properly. I think I may have it wired wrong.

Unsure how to splice 4 wire 220v to 3 wire 220v [ 1 Answers ]

OK I trying to get 220v in my garage from my unused dryer outlet it has 4 wires feeding into it 1 bare 1 neutral 2 hot I was going to buy some 10/3 and splice it and run it the 50 ft I need to get to garage for a air compressor now 2 things it only reads 230v at box is that sufficient to travel...

Converting 220v 4-wire outlet to 3-wire [ 2 Answers ]

I bought a new drier with the "inverted V" 3-wire power plug. The drier outlet I have is like an overgrown version of a 110 grounded outlet, with 2 vertical 110 prongs and a ground socket. I bought a V-socket to accommodate the new drier plug, but when I shut off the breaker and opened up the old...

Vintage stove- 3 wire 220v, what size wire? [ 1 Answers ]

We recently purchased a vintage Crosley range. The old wire was a 3-wire 220v, connected to terminals in the back- the black and red wires were actually 6 or so copper strands, and the white was a silver metal. My question is, what amperage do you think I need? Will 10 be enough? Thanks for your...

View more questions Search