Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drgnvsl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Dec 12, 2009, 05:50 PM
    Rheem water heater troubleshooting
    New reem water heater worked OK for a few days and now stopped working like would not lite up and heat the water, it happen before and I just unplug the unit and repluged it to reset it and would work. This time it does not want to lite up
    FrankK1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 11, 2010, 06:43 AM
    Although I do not have an answer, we have experienced a very similar problem. We had limited success by tapping firmly on the vacuum switch (plastic cylindrical "hockey puck sized" unit), but that does not always work. We replaced that part but as before it would work for ~2 weeks then stop. Have you received any answers on this problem? Fred

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rheem Hot Water heater lockout [ 3 Answers ]

Hi. I have a Rheem Power Vent hot water heater, model PVW50-36FV, I was painting in the basement with little ventilation. The far right and left LED lights indicate the FV sensor detected the presence of flammable vapors. The unit is shut down and in lockout mode. How do I unlock this unit? Any...

Troubleshooting Rheems hot water heater model 21V40-38 [ 1 Answers ]

This model has an old fashioned pilot light thermocouple system. The pilot light is lit and appears to be OK. However the water is always luke warm rather than hot so the mainburner is not lighting. Is it the thermocouple or the main gas control system?

State select gas water heater troubleshooting [ 2 Answers ]

I have a State Select gas water heater Model PR 650 NRRTL, 50 gallons unit. The thermocoupler where it suppose to start the unit for heating does not work. The pilot light works but the unit will never start. Do you have any suggestion? Thanks.

Rheem water heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have 50 Gallon Rheem gas water heater that has a igniter button. The water heater will not light when pushing the igniter button. The gas line is open. The tank is only 3 years old and was winterized before we moved in. Do anyone know how to light or bypass the igniter button to light this tank?...

View more questions Search