Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tjinx Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 08:50 AM
    GE spacemaker washer/dryer blowing circuit breaker
    My unit has started blowing circuit breakers. I assume it started when the exhaust tube disconnected and I was not aware. I have since re-attached the exhaust, but it still continues to blow the breaker. I have checked the plug also, I don't see nothing wrong. Any suggestions?
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 8, 2006, 05:19 PM
    The first check would be to start tearing into it and searching for loose/corroded wires. A black splotch somewhere inside of the unit is a good sign that something has shorted. Check components as well, such as timers, elements, switches, etc, each of these can short to the chassis and cause a breaker to trip.

Does it do it as soon as you start, or run for a while then trip the breaker?
    tjinx Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Nov 8, 2006, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tjinx
    My unit has started blowing circuit breakers. I assume it started when the exhaust tube disconnected and I was not aware. I have since re-attached the exhaust, but it still continues to blow the breaker. I have checked the plug also, I dont see nothing wrong. Any suggestions?
    Thanks for the quick response. It works for about 5 minutes, then will blow...
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Nov 8, 2006, 05:31 PM
    Could be in the element circuit. You would have to find out what its doing in that five mintues to make a clear determination.

The timer could be hitting a bad spot in the dial causing this symptom. Could be lots of things. Check for burned/loose/corroded wires and components. If you have an AMP meter, you can also pull and amp draw on each of the legs, and see if its drawing excessive current.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Install new washer/dryer [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, Wanting to install a new electric washer/dryer in a condo. In the space I want it, there is a functional sink and a 120 volt outlet. A few questions: 1. The sink will be removed due to space constraints. The 120 volt outlet will be replaced with a 220 volt outlet. Can you walk...

Washer Dryer Hook-up [ 5 Answers ]

I just inherited my sister's 8 year old washer and dryer (gas). The super came by and told us he would need to replace some of the hook-ups, for a total of $170. That seems a little bit expensive. Is that a normal price to replace the washer hoses, necessary clamps and valves, the gas line, etc?...

Washer/dryer Problem [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have recently moved my washer/dryer and now the drying programme doesn't work - I keep getting an error message. I think it may be because the hose pipe doesn't go far enoughdown the external pipe. Sorry I'm not a plumber as you can see so I hope you understand what I mean. Any ideas? ...

Washer/dryer installation? [ 2 Answers ]

I am very interested in a certain older home that has been remodeled. There is weirdness, though. The remodelers installed washer connections where the refrigerator is clearly supposed to go, and the utility closet has a dryer connection (about 15 feet away). I would either want to put the...

View more questions Search