Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kmuller Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 6, 2009, 12:27 PM
    Top rack dishes of Kenmore dishwasher not getting clean
    I have a Kenmore Ultra Wash that doesn't seem to be cleaning the top rack dishes as well as it used to. The soap is often not all out of the dispenser and things that used to be clean after a cycle are still dirty. I suspect water isn't getting to the top rack. Any ideas?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 6, 2009, 02:45 PM

Without physically looking at your dishwasher the first thing that comes to my mind is the jets are clogged. Maybe not all of them but probably at least half of them are. Take a round toothpick or other sharp like object and clean out all of the jets on each of the sprayer arms. That should do the trick.
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Jul 6, 2009, 07:18 PM
    Also make sure the water fill level is of the correct height. When the fill water level in the dishwasher is low the top rack will not wash correctly since the pump cannot generate enough water pressure because of lack of water and the top rack spray arm being higher than the lower spray arm is the one that suffers from lack of water for cleaning.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore dishwasher takes 3 hours to clean dishes. [ 2 Answers ]

We just moved into a new house with a Kenmore Elite Ultra Wash Dishwasher 665.16572. I takes about 2 1/2 to 3 hours to run through its cycle. It seems to clean the dishes fine, but should it take this long?

No water on top rack of Kenmore dishwasher [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 3 yr old Kenmore dishwasher that is not spraying any water on the top rack. I have already disassembled the upper wash and rinse parts and verified they were not plugged up. Is there anything else I can check before calling in the repairman?

Kenmore dishwasher, dishes come out dirty [ 2 Answers ]

So, here's the scoop. It is a one year old Kenmore, model FT1103259, that has been working fine until about a month ago. Glasses (especially) come out foggy and unclean. I use JET DRY and have changed brands of detergents, all without result. It appears that there is a filter or whatnot that...

Kenmore dishwasher isn't cleaning the dishes [ 1 Answers ]

My kenmore dishwasher has stopped drying the dishes, there is soap on some of the lower shelf items.. they do not appear clean, small particles remain on some of the dishes... what's the deal, any ideas with what may be happening? Our smartwash Kenmore appears relatively new?

View more questions Search