Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mazara1967 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 9, 2006, 11:17 PM
    Wall oven
    I got new wall oven. It was working for a while now it's not working. Oven light, clock and all buttons are working but the when I set it for bake it does not warm up. I have it connected directly to 220 volt outlet. Do I need fuse panel between oven and power outlet?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Oct 10, 2006, 05:08 AM
    Check the 220 outlet, it sounds like one side of the 220 is not working. That is why the 110 itms like light and clock would still work.

If you are not getting 220 at the outlet, then check the main breaker pannel.

But if you don't know what to look for or what you are doing, this is too dangerous so call a professional.
    andrewcocke Posts: 439, Reputation: 22

Oct 12, 2006, 02:55 PM
    Chucks idea is a great place to start, and if that doesn't get it, it sounds like you may have burned a wire off an element. I find it hard to believe that a new element has went out already, so its most likley a loose wire connection.

I don't know how complex your oven is, but on a simple electric oven circuit, normally a thermostat controls controls the oven element. In newer ovens, there may be a cicruit board to two involved, maybe a solid state thermostat, but to say the least, voltage should come out of it. All of the residential ovens I have taken apart didn't have a contactor, but that doesn't mean you don't per-se.

As chuck said, if you are unsure about any of this, then call a professional. The only way to correctly troubleshoot this would be to remove the panels to access the insides, then energize the oven so you can determine where voltage stops.
    As you can imagine, this can be dangourous if you are not careful.

What is the brand and model number of your oven? Perhaps I can dig up a wiring diagram.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Microwave oven [ 11 Answers ]

Can you tell me approximately how many amps a small microwave oven uses. I rent and my house has 15 amp circuits and my microwave keep tripping the circuit. My landlady told me my microwave uses too many amps. Can that be? Thanks so much for your help

New Gas Oven [ 1 Answers ]

:confused: I'm switching from electric to gas oven. I have a gas furnace about 20 feet away from where the oven will be installed. They are both on the same floor. Could this be a DIY job or do you you sugest a pro? If DIY could sombody please give me detailed instructions or recommend someplace I...

Installing a new wall oven [ 1 Answers ]

We are upgrading to new appliances in our 60's something kitchen. The new wall oven has red,black, white and bare copper wires in the armored cable. My old oven only used black, white and bare copper. I assume the black and white are both hot. Should I connect these to the black and red at the...

Installing a Electric Stove/Oven [ 2 Answers ]

I'm installing an Electric Stove/Oven unit that is not up against a wall. There are cabinets on either side of the stove and a counter for eating behind the stove. I have my wire coming up through the floor behind the stove for the plug. The stove has a downdraft exhaust fan (exhaust fan is under...

220v oven circuit [ 1 Answers ]

I've built a powder coating oven using 2 oven heating elements... Question: I have a 4 wire 220v A/C circuit installed by an electrician. Color codes are B/W/R/G. I understand the green is the ground, White is neutral,Blk is 110v and red is 110v. The controller (switch) is 3 terminal in a...

View more questions Search