Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DSKKSD Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 2, 2008, 11:46 AM
    GE refrigerator water dispenser freezing
    GE side by side refrigerator water dispenser freezes up. Does anyone have a simple solution or jerry rig that can be used.

I understand that GE doesn't recognize this as their problem, but they do have a part that can be purchased from them that corrects the problem for a $200 plus service call in addition to part cost.

Thanks
    Flying Blue Eagle Posts: 2,056, Reputation: 225
    Ultra Member

Nov 3, 2008, 11:04 PM

Dskksd - this is not the only one that does this ,because there is not enough insulation in the door to keep it from freezeing> and this is a ge problem - to get some results you need to contact your state consumers affires
    Office and make a complaint to them and watch they(ge ) will back down.
    You will find them listed under state
    gov. good and god bless ::f.b.e.
    bustedfrige Posts: 15, Reputation: 1

Dec 14, 2010, 05:33 AM

This is a common problem on GE refrigerators where the water line freezes in the door. It happened to mine and I spent good amount of time trying to fix it. Ya, it stinks that GE won't fix it but fortunately they have a water line heater that fixes it for $30 and 15 minutes. I noticed a lot of other people having the same issue so I blogged the symptoms, part and the fix. You can read about it here.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

GE refrigerator water dispenser [ 25 Answers ]

I was searching your site for answers to my GE side by side refrigerator water dispenser. The line freezes in the door just like many of the ones I have read here. I have heard GE has replaced some doors for people and I have heard they now have a heater for the dispenser. I don't know what the...

GE Refrigerator In-door Water Dispenser [ 1 Answers ]

My side-by-side refrigerator is making ice, but no water flows through the dispenser. There is water flowing through the tubes that bring water to the refrigerator. My MWF SmartWater Filtration cartridge will be a year old in April. Could it be clogged? Should I replace the filter, or do I need...

Foul tasting water from refrigerator water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

I have a GE Profile side by side refrigerator roughly 3yrs old. A couple of weeks ago it started getting warm. We cleaned the coils in the back and it started to cool back down, however, a foul smell started that day. Now the water and ice from the dispenser taste bad and the smell is still...

GE refrigerator with leaky water dispenser [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Stainless Steel GE refrigerator less than one year old with a leaky water dispenser. Refrigerator has been replaced a couple of times by GE and leaky door has been replaced 3 or 4 times. I would like to find out how to file a lawsuit against GE since they can NOT fix the problem nor they...

View more questions Search